"ICE" at Gaylord Palms
featuring Frosty the Snowman
November 2014 - January 2015
specific dates not yet announced
The DIS Unplugged Web Radio Show Podcast
Listen as the roundtable discusses ICE, located at Gaylord Palms Resort from last year
Discuss | Blog | RSS Feed | Add to iTunes | Podcast Main
To read a review of ICE, click here.
If you think that Florida means sun-drenched days and sultry nights, you’re in for a chilly surprise. During the Holidays, “Ice at Gaylord Palms” will bring a frigid change to the traditional Florida Christmas fare.
Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole featuring an arctic forest, a Christmas carnival with a life-size carousel, Santa's ornament room and even his reindeer! One of the attractions favorite scenes is an unforgettable Life-sized Nativity made completely of clear ice. Frozen within these unique sculptures are twinkling lights that create an ever-changing luminescence. "Ice" exhibit's most popular attraction, the incredible slides carved from ice, are longer than ever.
This year brings a new tribute exhibit to the Dreamworks film "Shrek the Halls."
Tips from the DIS Unplugged Podcast - ICE is a great change of pace from the Orlando theme parks. Some podcast tips: leave the sandals and shorts at your resort and wear socks, closed-toe shoes and pants. If you ice skate, do it after you've toured the ICE exhibit. Pick up a disposable camera rather than worry about the freezing effect on your expensive photo equipment. Take the time to tour the resort and dine at one of their great restaurants.
There are incredible photo ops throughout, but be sure that your camera can handle the chilly temps.
Keep in mind; this isn’t “pretend” ice, but the real thing. The 18,000-square-foot “ICE!” exhibit is kept at a bone chilling 9 degrees Fahrenheit. Hooded, calf-length parkas are provided to visitors. They come in all sizes, including children and infant. Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required, as well as hats and gloves which can be purchased.
The walkways are carpeted and both wheelchairs and strollers can be accommodated. There are a limited number of wheelchairs available for rent if you prefer not to bring one of your own.
Let’s face it, sometimes you look for something a bit different from Walt Disney World while in Orlando. Universal/IOA and Sea World are terrific parks, but it takes an entire day out of your schedule, admission isn’t cheap and transportation can add to the cost.
“Ice at Gaylord Palms” may be the perfect alternative this Holiday season. With its close proximity to Disney World, taking a taxi from a Disney Resort should be fairly reasonable.
“ICE!” is open daily, including holidays. Hours vary.
- Purchase Tickets online
- Order tickets by phone 407-586-4423
|Age||Non-peak||Terms & Conditions|
|Online and Advance Sales||
Adults - $28.99
Senior - $26.99
Children - $14.99
|Adults are ages 13+, Seniors are ages 55+, Children are ages 4-12, Ages 3 and under are free when accompanied by an adult. Must be purchased at least 24 hours in advance. Purchase Online.|
Adults - starts at $24.99*
Children - starts at $10.99
|*Save $4 by using code FLR13 online. Cannot combine with any other discount.|
Adults - $23.99
Senior - $20.99
Children - $9.99
|Group must contain at least 10 adults or seniors. Ask about special Field Trip rates for school groups.|
Note that the Gaylord Palms does charge a parking fee.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW