Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Free Dining Offer is released for the General Public!
The dates included in the offer are:
August 31 - October 3, 2014
October 26 - November 1, 2014
November 9 - November 20, 2014
December 12 - December 23, 2014
Guests staying in a Disney Value Resort will receive the Quick Service Plan for free. Guests staying in a Moderate Resort, Deluxe Resort or Deluxe Villa Resort will receive the Regular Dining Plan for free.
More information on this discount can be found here.
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2109
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 300 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House is where the main check in desk is located. The resorts 45 acre lake is 1.4 miles around and makes for a great walking/jogging track. In the middle of the lake, connected by bridge, is Caribbean Cay island which has a number of secluded spots to sit and relax, as well as a childrens play area. Old Port Royale serves as the hub of activity at the resort and its where you'll find several dining options, an arcade, and gift shop. The main pool and marina are located in this area as well. There are volleyball courts, boat and bike rentals, and even 'movies under the stars' to keep you enterained on those days when you choose to relax at the resort.
The majority of rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort are themed after the Disney/Pixar film "Finding Nemo". Bright tropical colors with depictions of characters from the film add a fun vibe. Unlike the other moderate resorts at Walt Disney World, the Caribbean Beach resort has two double beds as opposed to two queen beds. The rooms here are also slightly smaller than the others at 300 sq. ft. (versus 314 sq. ft at Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs). Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to external video ports making it easy to connect a video camera or video game system. There is a mini-fridge available in the room as well as an iron and ironing board, and single serve coffee maker. The in-room safe in these rooms is large - large enough to hold a 15" laptop. There are two sink basins outside the shower/commode allowing one person to get ready while another one showers. A curtain divides this section of the room from the sleeping area.
Pirate themed rooms are also available at an additional charge of $35 to $50 per night over the cost of a standard room, depending on season. These rooms borrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and feature headboards fashioned to look like pirate ships, with a wood barrel serving as the nightstand.
Preferred rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale and are located in the Martinique section in buildings 24, 25 and 26. In Trindad North - buildings 31, 32 and 33. These rooms are in close proximity to Old Port Royale. Rooms in other parts of the resort require a longer walk or use of the internal bus service to reach Old Port Royale.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view).
Published 2013 prices for a standard room at the Caribbean Beach Resort range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There is a $25 premium for a water view room, king bed room, and preferred room over the cost of a standard room. The price for pirate themed rooms is anywhere from $35 - $50 more than a standard room depending on location and season.
Old Port Royale is home to the Caribbean Beach Resort's food court (click here for the menu)which is open from 6am until midnight every day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are five counter service locations here, as well as one full service restaurant, Shutters, that is only open for dinner. The counter service options include the Grab-n-Go which has pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and drinks. There is also the Royale Pizza and Pasta Shop, Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop, Bridgetown Broiler and Montego's Deli. The layout of this food court is significantly different than at any other Disney resort - resembling a charming caribbean street theme that serves to further immerse you in the overall feel of the resort. An excellent assortment of food is offered, with Montego's Deli being among the best.
Shutters Resaturant has long been plagued by negative reviews for mediocre food and generally considered one of the lesser restaurants on property. However, our most recent experience at Shutters was surprisingly good. There is a new chef, significant changes to the menu, and the food we were served was delicious. The menu has a nice assortment of options for just about any taste - with some dishes inspired by the caribbean theme of the restaurant and the resort, and some dishes for the less adventurous. Prices are reasonable as compared to some other Disney dining locations.
Room Service: Blue Runner Pizza Delivery is available from 4:00pm to 11:30pm.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Old Port Royale uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits . Shutters Restaurant uses one table service credit. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
At 2pm daily there is a Jammin' Pool Party bash at the main pool located outside Old Port Royale. There are also a number of pool-side games and activities including Bingo, What's in your beach bag, Disney trivia and more. There is an Island Dance Party at 3pm and a Caribbean Campfire on Fuentes del Morro Beach at 5pm (all events are weather permitting). At 7pm each night is the 'Movie Under the Stars" - located outside Old Port Royale next to the Bannana Cabana.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise is for children ages 4-12. Young pirates sail the Caribbean in search of treasure and adventure. Cruises are available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For current pricing, CLICK HERE.
Goombay Games Arcade is located at Old Port Royale and features a variety of video games suited for most age groups. This arcade is one of the smaller ones on property. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system which allows you to purchase points to play games. Cards are swiped at each individual game. Cards can be recharged with more points and points never expire.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
There are a total of 7 pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort, with the main pool - Fuentes del Morro - located outside Old Port Royale. The main pool features waterfalls, waterslides and water canons as well as a large childrens play area. The childrens area is for children under 48" tall and has a number of water features including squirt hoses and water slides. There is also a kiddie pool located here as well as a whirlpool spa.
Jogging Trail - a jogging trail is located around the lake and is 1.4 miles long.
Volleyball - a volleyball court is located on the beach outside Martinque village. Volleyballs are available free of charge at the marina but you must present a resort ID card.
Guided Fishing Excursions - 'Catch and Release' large mouth bass fishing excursions are available at 7:00am, 10:00am and 1:30pm daily. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-BASS. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works - Pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats or Sea Raycer (small water sprites) are available for rent here by the half hour. Bicycles and Surrey Bikes are available for rent as well. Open from 11:00am to 5:00pm daily.
Due to the expansive size of this resort an internal shuttle bus is available to get around. The shuttle circles the resort and stops at Old Port Royale (food court, pool area, arcade, shopping) as well as the Custom House (check in). Bus transportation to all Disney theme parks is available at several locations around the resort. There are a total of 8 bus stops which are located outside Old Port Royale, across from Trinidad North (Building 33), in Trinidad South between buildings 36 and 37, in Jamaica across the parking lot from building 44, in Aruba across from building 56, in Barbados across the parking lot from building 13, in Martinique across the parking lot from building 23 and at the Custom House. Due to the size of the resort and the number of bus stops, it is strongly recommended that you allow ample time to get to your destination
- Blog - Beyond Aulani
- Updated operating schedule for monorails - The monorail will have a different operating schedule than normal as an automation upgrade takes place.
- Charging stations for electric vehicles added to Epcot parking lot - Disney has added four Level 2 ChargePoint charging stations to the Journey parking lot at Epcot. Electric vehicles will be charged $.35 per kw/h, with a minimum charge of $1.50.
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets sold out on 10/31/14 - Tickets are still available for all other dates.
- New Move it! Shake it! Dance and Play it! Street Party to debut at Magic Kingdom this fall - Stitch and Phineas & Ferb will join the party and Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy will ride on top of giant gift boxes. The soundtrack will feature remixed classic party songs and guests will vote for one of three current hits to be played.
- VIDEO: What's New at Aulani - Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa has many new offerings. Quick service at Ulu Cafe, kids splash zone at Keiki Cove, two new pools, and much more.
- MagicBands can now be purchased without ticket media - The bands are now available for purchase across property.
- Changes to boat schedules at Downtown Disney - Schedules have been changing recently due to construction.
- Meet and greet locations updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - The Good and Bad of the "Muppets Most Wanted" Blu-ray
- Ultimate Day VIP Tour available at Epcot Food & Wine Festival - This daylong tour begins at the Festival Center's VIP Lounge and includes champagne, a beverage tasting, six-course tapas-style lunch, wine, private backstage tours, time on Epcot attractions, food and beverage pairings with Disney chefs, VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert Series, and reserved seating for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth fireworks spectacular.
- Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party scheduled for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Blog - New Golden Oak Outpost Menu is Waffle Fry Heaven
- Sunrise Safari at Animal Kingdom ending 12/28/14 - This tour is exclusive to Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club Level guests.
- American Idol Experience to close August 30 - No plans have been announced for the space.
- Florida residents save $40 on Cirque du Soleil tickets - Through September and October, Florida residents will save $40 on adult Cirque du Soleil tickets purchased at the box office.
- VIDEO: The Refurbished Capt. Cook's at Polynesian Resort - After a long refurbishment, Capt. Cook's has reopened at the Polynesian Village Resort. Major changes include artwork in the seating area, a new menu, no more ordering off of touch screens and the tragic loss of the Dole Whip self-serve machine.
- American Film Institute at the end of Backlot Tour to close - As of August 17, the American Film Institute Showcase exhibit at the end of the ride will be closed. This exhibit features props and costumes from various films. The gift shop will also close.
- D23 Expo 2015 tickets are now on sale - Tickets for next year's D23 Expo are now on sale. The D23 Expo will be held August 14-16, 2015 at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Constantine the Frog to attend Villains Unleashed! event - The "Muppets Most Wanted" villain will be at the Stage One Company Store location near Muppet*Vision 3D.
- Blog - Polynesian Resort's Capt. Cook's quick service restaurant reopens after refurbishment
- Golden Oak Outpost now serving specialty waffle fries - This walk-up stand is located on the backside of Frontierland on the walkway to Adventureland.
- Tower of Terror On-ride videos available with Memory Maker - After riding The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, a video of the guest's ride will be added to their My Disney Experience account. This video is only available to guests who have purchased Memory Maker.
- Win a 2 Night / 3 Day stay at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin! - Answer 3 questions about the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin on our contest page for a chance to WIN!
- Great Irish Hooley Festival to be held at Downtown Disney - "Hooley" is Irish slang for party or celebration. Celebrate with food, drink and dancing.
- Update coming to My Disney Experience - make dining reservations 20 minutes in advance - A new update will allow guests to make same day dining reservations only 20 minutes in advance.
- Performance times updated for Night of Joy - Disney’s Night of Joy is a hard-ticket event at the Magic Kingdom that features contemporary Christian performers.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Lobby - Lobby Waterfall - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Polynesian Resort.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Continues to Materialize
- Refurb scheduled this winter for the Haunted Mansion - The attraction will be closed from 12/1 - 12/19/14.
- Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party reduces number of performances this month - Performance times will be 5:40 and 7:00pm on August 12, 13, 19, 20 and 29, 2014. Concrete work taking place on Main Street will limit the number of performances on those days.
- It's Tough to be a Bug refurb extended until 9/27 - This attraction was originally scheduled to reopen August 11, but will instead stay closed through September 27.
- Yankee Trader shop refurb extended through December - The shop is becoming a Haunted Mansion gift shop.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Adventureland - Swiss Family Treehouse Exit - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at the Magic Kingdom.
- Big Hero 6 characters coming to Walt Disney World - A specific date and location for the meet and greet has not yet been announced.
- Frozen Summer Fun extended at Disney's Hollywood Studios - This celebration has been extended through September 28.
- Top 5 Experiences at Walt Disney World That Don't Cost a Thing! - Walt Disney World can be a very expensive place — between park tickets, hotels, parking costs, meals and snacks, it all adds up very quickly. That’s why it’s important to remember that there are several fantastic experiences at Walt Disney World Resort that don’t cost a thing!
- Club Villain dance party planned for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - This will take place at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland.
- Blog - New Disney Parks Inspired Coffees from Joffrey's
- Updated list of restaurants that accept Tables in Wonderland - Tables in Wonderland members save 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Video: Disney Park Bench - Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Polynesian Resort Dock - Polynesian Resort
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down extended through November 9 - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Blog - Review: "Guardians of the Galaxy" combines humor, action, and a stellar cast to become the perfect summer blockbuster
- All-Star Music food court closes for refurbishment - The Intermission Food Court will be closed 8/1/14-12/20/14 for refurb.
- New events added to Epcot International Food & Wine Festival - Late Nights LIVE! and new Premium Package events added.
- Astro Orbiter rehab extended by one week - Originally scheduled to end September 19, the ride will now reopen September 28.
- Food & Wine Festival Premium events now available for booking - This includes seminars, signature dining experiences and other special events.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Citation banning whale trainers from water will not be appealed by SeaWorld
- Disney cancels 2014 Festival of the Masters art show
- Radio Disney to shut down stations and lay off employees
- Disney proposes new contract for part-time employees
- SeaWorld announces new habitats for killer whales
- "Frozen" behind-the-scenes special coming to ABC
- PANDORA Jewelry coming to Disney Parks
- Universal Orlando to build fifth hotel?
- Comedian and actor Robin Williams found dead at age 63
- Universal's Hogwarts Express sees one million riders
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW