Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Address:
900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 2109
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 300 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $15 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - Overview
At more than 200 acres, Disney's Caribbean Beach resort is the largest resort on Disney property. It's 2109 rooms are divided into five brightly colored villages representing different areas of the Caribbean. Trinidad, Martinique, Barbados, Aruba and Jamaica. The Custom House is where the main check in desk is located. The resorts 45 acre lake is 1.4 miles around and makes for a great walking/jogging track. In the middle of the lake, connected by bridge, is Caribbean Cay island which has a number of secluded spots to sit and relax, as well as a childrens play area. Old Port Royale serves as the hub of activity at the resort and its where you'll find several dining options, an arcade, and gift shop. The main pool and marina are located in this area as well. There are volleyball courts, boat and bike rentals, and even 'movies under the stars' to keep you enterained on those days when you choose to relax at the resort.
The majority of rooms at the Caribbean Beach resort are themed after the Disney/Pixar film "Finding Nemo". Bright tropical colors with depictions of characters from the film add a fun vibe. Unlike the other moderate resorts at Walt Disney World, the Caribbean Beach resort has two double beds as opposed to two queen beds. The rooms here are also slightly smaller than the others at 300 sq. ft. (versus 314 sq. ft at Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Coronado Springs). Rooms have flat screen televisions with convenient access to external video ports making it easy to connect a video camera or video game system. There is a mini-fridge available in the room as well as an iron and ironing board, and single serve coffee maker. The in-room safe in these rooms is large - large enough to hold a 15" laptop. There are two sink basins outside the shower/commode allowing one person to get ready while another one showers. A curtain divides this section of the room from the sleeping area.
Pirate themed rooms are also available at an additional charge of $35 to $50 per night over the cost of a standard room, depending on season. These rooms borrow from the "Pirates of the Caribbean" and feature headboards fashioned to look like pirate ships, with a wood barrel serving as the nightstand.
Preferred rooms are located closest to Old Port Royale and are located in the Martinique section in buildings 24, 25 and 26. In Trindad North - buildings 31, 32 and 33. These rooms are in close proximity to Old Port Royale. Rooms in other parts of the resort require a longer walk or use of the internal bus service to reach Old Port Royale.
Room categories at the Caribbean Beach Resort are Standard View, Water View, King Bed, Preferred Room, Pirate theme room (Standard View) and Pirate Themed Room (Water view).
Published 2013 prices for a standard room at the Caribbean Beach Resort range from $162 per night in value season to $253 per night in peak holiday season. There is a $25 premium for a water view room, king bed room, and preferred room over the cost of a standard room. The price for pirate themed rooms is anywhere from $35 - $50 more than a standard room depending on location and season.
Old Port Royale is home to the Caribbean Beach Resort's food court (click here for the menu)which is open from 6am until midnight every day, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are five counter service locations here, as well as one full service restaurant, Shutters, that is only open for dinner. The counter service options include the Grab-n-Go which has pre-made sandwiches, baked goods, snacks and drinks. There is also the Royale Pizza and Pasta Shop, Old Port Royale Hamburger Shop, Bridgetown Broiler and Montego's Deli. The layout of this food court is significantly different than at any other Disney resort - resembling a charming caribbean street theme that serves to further immerse you in the overall feel of the resort. An excellent assortment of food is offered, with Montego's Deli being among the best.
Shutters Resaturant has long been plagued by negative reviews for mediocre food and generally considered one of the lesser restaurants on property. However, our most recent experience at Shutters was surprisingly good. There is a new chef, significant changes to the menu, and the food we were served was delicious. The menu has a nice assortment of options for just about any taste - with some dishes inspired by the caribbean theme of the restaurant and the resort, and some dishes for the less adventurous. Prices are reasonable as compared to some other Disney dining locations.
Room Service: Blue Runner Pizza Delivery is available from 4:00pm to 11:30pm.
Disney Dining Plan: Food purchased at Old Port Royale uses counter service credits from the Disney Dining Plan. Most bakery items are considered snack credits . Shutters Restaurant uses one table service credit. You can add the Disney Dining plan to a Magic Your Way package.
At 2pm daily there is a Jammin' Pool Party bash at the main pool located outside Old Port Royale. There are also a number of pool-side games and activities including Bingo, What's in your beach bag, Disney trivia and more. There is an Island Dance Party at 3pm and a Caribbean Campfire on Fuentes del Morro Beach at 5pm (all events are weather permitting). At 7pm each night is the 'Movie Under the Stars" - located outside Old Port Royale next to the Bannana Cabana.
Islands of the Caribbean Pirate Cruise is for children ages 4-12. Young pirates sail the Caribbean in search of treasure and adventure. Cruises are available Sunday, Tuesday and Friday from 9:30AM to 11:30AM. For current pricing, CLICK HERE.
Goombay Games Arcade is located at Old Port Royale and features a variety of video games suited for most age groups. This arcade is one of the smaller ones on property. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system which allows you to purchase points to play games. Cards are swiped at each individual game. Cards can be recharged with more points and points never expire.
Babysitting Services - Babysitting is available through Kids Nite Out, Inc. - which is not owned or operated by Disney. Caregivers provide in-room services which include playing games, reading, and generally entertaining your kids. Services are also available through Kids Nite Out to plan parties and special events. Advanced reservations are required and services are available 24 hours per day. There is a 4 hour minimum for children 6 months to 12 years old. Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid the 4 hour minimum cancellation fee. Reservations can be made by calling 407-828-0920.
There are a total of 7 pools at the Caribbean Beach Resort, with the main pool - Fuentes del Morro - located outside Old Port Royale. The main pool features waterfalls, waterslides and water canons as well as a large childrens play area. The childrens area is for children under 48" tall and has a number of water features including squirt hoses and water slides. There is also a kiddie pool located here as well as a whirlpool spa.
Jogging Trail - a jogging trail is located around the lake and is 1.4 miles long.
Volleyball - a volleyball court is located on the beach outside Martinque village. Volleyballs are available free of charge at the marina but you must present a resort ID card.
Guided Fishing Excursions - 'Catch and Release' large mouth bass fishing excursions are available at 7:00am, 10:00am and 1:30pm daily. You can reserve a fishing excursion by asking your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent or by calling 407-WDW-BASS. For current information and pricing on fishing excursions around Walt Disney World, click here.
Barefoot Bay Boat Yard and Bike Works - Pontoon boats, Boston Whaler Montauk boats or Sea Raycer (small water sprites) are available for rent here by the half hour. Bicycles and Surrey Bikes are available for rent as well. Open from 11:00am to 5:00pm daily.
Due to the expansive size of this resort an internal shuttle bus is available to get around. The shuttle circles the resort and stops at Old Port Royale (food court, pool area, arcade, shopping) as well as the Custom House (check in). Bus transportation to all Disney theme parks is available at several locations around the resort. There are a total of 8 bus stops which are located outside Old Port Royale, across from Trinidad North (Building 33), in Trinidad South between buildings 36 and 37, in Jamaica across the parking lot from building 44, in Aruba across from building 56, in Barbados across the parking lot from building 13, in Martinique across the parking lot from building 23 and at the Custom House. Due to the size of the resort and the number of bus stops, it is strongly recommended that you allow ample time to get to your destination
- Planning to be at Disney World on Easter? - List of church services, dinners and special activities taking place at Walt Disney World on Easter.
- Blog - Ranking our 5 Senses in Disney's Theme Parks
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans four Star Wars children's books
- SeaWorld Orlando offers summer camps for kids
- Walt Disney World offers new contract to unions
- Disneyland restaurants honored by food critics
- SeaWorld to host Viva la Musica Festival
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom