Southern California Information
No trip to California is complete without a visit to its southern destinations. The glitz of Hollywood combined with the sunny beaches make every visit a new and exciting experience. You can hobnob with the rich and famous along the legendary Rodeo Drive, surf the Pacific in Ocean County and explore the world famous San Diego Zoo and San Diego Zoo Safari Park. From Legoland to Universal Studios, the choice of theme parks will bring a smile to young and old alike.
- Los Angeles/Hollywood
- Laguna Beach
- Huntington Beach
- San Diego
Southern California Entertainment Venues
Watching your team score, going to a concert, seeing a show or just spending the night laughing couldn't be easier when you visit Southern California.
Southern California Tours
Leave the driving to the pros as you explore all that Southern California has to offer. For the ultimate experience, book a Wine country balloon tour.
Southern California Interactive Fun
Become a fighter pilot, fulfill your Indy 500 dreams or simply take in a round of mini-golf. There's no end to the hands-on fun that Southern California offers.
Universal Studios Hollywood
Explore the magic of ‘Hollywood’ past, present and future. Universal Studios Hollywood has something for everyone. You'll find yourself immersed in Hollywood of the past, present and future. For the little ones, The Adventures of Curious George and Shrek 4-D will bring their favorite characters to life. Thrill seekers will love Revenge of the Mummy the Ride, The Simpsons Ride and Jurassic Park the Ride.
Take the 5 Golden State Freeway North. Exit to the 101 Hollywood Freeway North. Continue on the 101 Freeway and exit at Universal Studios Blvd. Turn right on to Universal Studios Blvd. and follow the signs to Universal Studios and our parking areas.
Legoland has quickly become one of the hottest destinations in California. There's fun for the entire family with more than 50 rides, shows and attractions. Everyone will have a great time, whether it's taking on hilarious challenges in the Fun Town Fire Academy fire truck race, experiencing the excitement of Coastersaurus or digging for fossils at Dino Island. LEGOLAND has action-packed live shows as well as a wonderful choice of restaurants.
Another world awaits you just a 13-minute boat ride from the coast of Southern California. From a lazy day on the beach, shopping in the quaint shops to simply exploring "the island of romance", Catalina Island is a nice get-a way from the hectic pace of Southern California.
Discover why this Grande Dame of the seas is still setting the standard for luxury. You can explore this magnificent ship and be transported back in time as you imagine sailing on this elite vessel.
Take the 405 Freeway north to the 710 Freeway south
San Diego Zoo
The San Diego Zoo is one of very few that has achieved world-wide fame. You'll discover why this zoo is considered to be among the very best while you explore this 100 acre wonder. With over 3,800 animals representing 800 species and 6,500 varieties of plants, the San Diego Zoo is a "must see."
From Interstate 5 (Los Angeles and Orange County), take the Pershing Drive exit and follow the signs. Exit at Park Blvd. Turn left on Park Blvd. and head north; Zoo entrance is off Park Blvd. at Zoo Place.
San Diego Zoo Safari Park
No detail was spared when creating the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. It's the perfect accompaniment to a visit to the San Diego Zoo. You'll find yourself in the midst of wild animals that live together as they might in their natural habitats.
From Interstate 5 (Orange County, Los Angeles), take the State Route 78 East exit at Oceanside, proceed east to Interstate 15 South, exit at Via Rancho Parkway and follow the signs to the Park.
- Disneyland military ticket offer extended to 2015 - The Disneyland Resort has extended their special military offer through 10/03/15, however beginning 08/25/14, the 3-Day Park Hoppers will increase slightly to $132.
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - Disneyland Celebrates 59 and looks forward to 60
- Adventure Trading Company comes to Disneyland Park - Beginning August 1st, experience this new interactive storytelling adventure inside Adventureland in Disneyland Park.
- Passholder tickets now on sale for Mickey's Halloween Party - Tickets for Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park are now on sale to Annual Passholders, Disney Rewards Visa card holders and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Local Southern California Theatre presents Tarzan-The Musical - Musical Theatre Orange County's production of Tarzan-The Musical, featuring sets by Disney artist Dave Avanzino, opens this weekend at El Dorado High School in Placentia, California.
- WonderGround Gallery Artist in Residence for August - Liana Hee is the Artist in Residence for August and will be on hand at the WonderGround Gallery in Disneyland's Downtown Disney most weekend evenings meeting guests and signing her work.
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
The group launched at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
- Eight new "Disney Family of Wines" come to California Adventure
The wineries represented all have a personal connection to the Disney name.
- Small fire at Disneyland quickly extinguished
The fire was in a backstage area.
- runDisney announces Disneyland Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend
The event will take place January 15-18, 2015 at the Disneyland Resort.
- Disneyland Raises Ticket Prices Overnight
The Disneyland Resort raised prices on their tickets and annual passes overnight.