Southern California Entertainment
They don't call California the "Entertainment Capital of the World" for nothing. Not only is it the home of major movie and television studios, there are all sorts of venues where you can take in a show, game, concert or play. From legendary comedy clubs to stadiums to theaters, there's bound to be something going on during your vacation.
Who doesn't enjoy an evening filled with laughs? Keep in mind that these clubs feature entertainment geared to adults. You may want to have the little ones spend the time at a Disney Childcare Center such as Pinocchio's Workshop located in the Grand Californian Hotel:
Include dinner in your show package for the following clubs and you'll get priority seating:
- Brea Improv Club
- Hollywood California Improv
- Irvine Comedy Club
Located at the Irvine Spectrum, a popular entertainment and shopping center
Broadway isn't the only destination where you'll find wonderful live shows to enjoy. There are a number of fantastic theaters in Southern California offering the best in entertainment. For a change of pace during your Disney vacation, check the schedules to see if you can treat yourself to a memorable evening:
LOS ANGELES AREA:
- Ahmanson Theater
- Broadway L.A.
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- El Capitan Theater
The El Capitan is owned by Disney and features their shows and movies. This restored theater is worth the trip just to see the amazing architecture. Right next door is Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store.
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Shrine Auditorium
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Wiltern Theater
- Wilshire Theater
ORANGE COUNTY AREA
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
- Fullerton Civic Light Opera
- The Grove of Anaheim
- The Laguna Playhouse
- The OC Pavilion
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- South Coast Repertory Theater
Have a sports fan in your midst? Catch a baseball, football or hockey game during your vacation. If a finicky teen is along, you might be able to score some great concert tickets. For a one of a kind experience, sit under the stars and take in a great show at a amphitheatre.
- Blog - Do You Own the Space Above You in a Theme Park?
- Knott's Voyage to the Iron Reef to open May 15th - Knott's Berry Farm's has announced May 15th as the opening date for its new interactive 4D attraction, Voyage to the Iron Reef.
- Blog - INTERVIEW – Billy Magnussen: The 'Other Prince' in Into The Wood
- Running the Parks Part 3 - Disney Running Resources - In this post I discuss some of the resources I have found to be most useful when doing research for a Disney running vacation.
- Take a baby to a Disney theme park? Are you nuts?
- Blog - Disney & Starbucks Bring New Mug Collection to Stores
- Disneyland restaurants participating in OC Restaurant Week - Several Disneyland Resort restaurants, including Steakhouse 55, will have special menus for Orange County Restaurant Week beginning March 1st.
- Discounted Disneyland tickets for Southern California residents - Discounted 2 and 3 day Disneyland tickets/hoppers available for Southern California residents now through May 21st.
- Fantasy in the Sky returns to Disneyland Park - While preparations are being made for a new fireworks show to celebrate Disneyland's 60th, the classic Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show will be presented in place of Remember...Dreams Come True.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Hotel Menage
- Critter Country to be closed for 3 months? - The Disneyland Resort refurbishment schedule shows all Critter Country attractions and shops closed from January 12th through April 2nd.
- The Enchanted Tiki Room - The Magic Behind Walt Disney's Tropical Hideaway
- Top 5 DIS Unplugged Podcasts for 2014 - 2014 was a great year for the DIS Unplugged podcast - we celebrated our 8th anniversary, we produced more than 100 episodes of the show, as well as more than 200 supporting videos - but there were certain shows that really seemed to strike a chord with our audience.
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Hilton Garden Inn
- Blog - Disney's Best Christmas Movies, TV Specials and Shorts - Part 3
- Blog - Disney's Best Christmas Movies, TV Specials and Shorts - Part 2
- Free transportation deal offered at Aulani - Book a 4-night or longer stay at Aulani and receive free round-trip transportation from the airport, as well as a free 1-day mid-size Alamo car rental!
- Traveling With Kids Part 3 - Baggage - Packing to travel with kids can be a monumental task. This article will focus on Baggage - tips and hints for the packing process.
- Club 33 members upset about more changes to benefits
Club 33 members are upset about increased annual dues and decreased benefits.
- New Anaheim transportation hub to open next month
A new Anaheim transportation hub is scheduled to open in early December.
- Last surviving child of Knott's founder dies
Marion Knott, youngest daughter of Knott's Berry Farm founders Walter and Cordelia Knott, passed away recently at age 92.
- Knott's Berry Farm announces new 4-D attraction
Knott's Berry Farm has announced Voyage of the Iron Reef, a new interactive ride set to open Spring 2015.
- Superheroes take over the inaugural Avengers half marathon
Runners dressed in costume for the inaugural running of the Avengers Superheroes Half Marathon this weekend in Anaheim.