Southern California Entertainment
They don't call California the "Entertainment Capital of the World" for nothing. Not only is it the home of major movie and television studios, there are all sorts of venues where you can take in a show, game, concert or play. From legendary comedy clubs to stadiums to theaters, there's bound to be something going on during your vacation.
Who doesn't enjoy an evening filled with laughs? Keep in mind that these clubs feature entertainment geared to adults. You may want to have the little ones spend the time at a Disney Childcare Center such as Pinocchio's Workshop located in the Grand Californian Hotel:
Include dinner in your show package for the following clubs and you'll get priority seating:
- Brea Improv Club
- Hollywood California Improv
- Irvine Comedy Club
Located at the Irvine Spectrum, a popular entertainment and shopping center
Broadway isn't the only destination where you'll find wonderful live shows to enjoy. There are a number of fantastic theaters in Southern California offering the best in entertainment. For a change of pace during your Disney vacation, check the schedules to see if you can treat yourself to a memorable evening:
LOS ANGELES AREA:
- Ahmanson Theater
- Broadway L.A.
- Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
- El Capitan Theater
The El Capitan is owned by Disney and features their shows and movies. This restored theater is worth the trip just to see the amazing architecture. Right next door is Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store.
- Hollywood Bowl
- The Shrine Auditorium
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Wiltern Theater
- Wilshire Theater
ORANGE COUNTY AREA
- Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts
- Fullerton Civic Light Opera
- The Grove of Anaheim
- The Laguna Playhouse
- The OC Pavilion
- Orange County Performing Arts Center
- South Coast Repertory Theater
Have a sports fan in your midst? Catch a baseball, football or hockey game during your vacation. If a finicky teen is along, you might be able to score some great concert tickets. For a one of a kind experience, sit under the stars and take in a great show at a amphitheatre.
- Blog - Judge fools all, banning Frozen from theme parks and agreeing with "Frozen is my life story" author
- Succumbing to the Charms of Hong Kong Disneyland - Not surprisingly, the park has many things in common with the other two "Magic Kingdom" style parks I have visited, and it also has many features that make it unique.
- Disneyland announces Diamond Celebration Merchandise Event - The Disneyland Resort has announced a merchandise event to take place May 20 and 21, just before the Diamond Celebration kicks off.
- Save up to 20% on Premium Rooms at the Disneyland Resort - Save up to 20% on Premium rooms at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort select weeknights this Spring.
- Spring Time Roundup 2015 at Big Thunder Ranch - Check out Spring Time Roundup at Big Thunder Ranch where you can meet the Easter Bunny, Mickey and Minnie in their finest Spring outfits and Disney rabbits including bunny Pluto!
- Disney Visa cardholders - Save 25% at Disneyland Resort Hotels - With this new offer, Disney Visa cardholders can save 25% on weeknight stays at the hotels of the Disneyland Resort.
- Menu for the re-themed Smokejumpers Grill at California Adventure - This was formerly the Taste Pilots' Grill.
- Smokejumpers Grill now open at California Adventure - Smokejumpers Grill is now open at California Adventure in the former Taste Pilots' Grill location.
- Five Guests who turn into Disney Villains
- Driving to Disney - do you drive overnight or during the day?
- Springtime Roundup begins March 20th at Disneyland - Disneyland Park's Big Thunder Ranch Jamboree is the home to the Springtime Roundup where guest can meet the Easter Bunny (and other famous Disney rabbits).
- Blog - Disneyland Good Neighbor Hotel - Best Western Park Place Inn
- New Spring menu at Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe - Jolly Holiday Bakery Café at Disneyland Park has a new menu that includes a roast beef & bleu cheese sandwich and a sun-dried tomato Caesar salad.
- Blog - Review: "Cinderella" is impressive, but was it and "Frozen Fever" necessary?
- Smokejumpers Grill opens March 20 at California Adventure - As part of the re-theming of Condor Flats to Grizzly Peak Airfield, Taste Pilots Grill re-opens March 20th as Smokejumpers Grill.
- St. Patrick's Day at Disneyland's Downtown Disney - For St. Patrick's Day, several of the restaurants in Downtown Disney will have special menu items. Entertainment will be offered near the WonderGround Gallery.
- Disneyland's Innoventions closes March 31st - Disneyland has announced that Innoventions will be closing on March 31, 2015.
- Walt Disney and The Little Golden Books