New Year's Eve at Disney World - 2012
- Walt Disney World Holiday Highlights
- Theme Park Hours
- New Year's Eve Dining Events
- Cirque du Soleil
- Atlantic Dance
- Downtown Disney
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) Fastpasses will run out quickly, so if there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, get yours as soon as possible. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
December 31, 2012
7:00 am- 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 2:00 am
- 12:30 pm & 3:30 pm: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Parade
- 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
- Celebrate the Magic! projection show (check Daily Times Guides)
- 8:30 pm: Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- 11:50 pm: Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
- DJ dance party in front of the castle (check Daily Times Guides)
December 31, 2012
Future World: 8:00 am - 1:00 am
World Showcase: 11:00 am - 1:00 am
- 6:30 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
- DJ dance parties will take place at the Future World Fountain Stage, the American Gardens Theatre, China, Italy and the UK (check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
- Photo Gallery of New Years Eve at Epcot
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
New Year's Eve at Epcot— January 3rd, 2013
Pete Werner and Dustin West discuss their first experience at Epcot for all of the New Year's Eve festivities.
December 31, 2012
Park is open 8:00 am to 12:00 am
12:00 am - 3:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Evening for Disney Resort Guests)
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - dusk to park closing
- 6:30 pm, 8:00 pm, & 10:00 pm: Fantasmic!
- The Mulch, Sweat and Shears New Year's Eve Spectacular - four concert sets featuring pyrotechnics and special effects
- 12:00 am: "Lights, Camera, Happy New Year" fireworks - accompanied by Mulch, Sweat and Shears!
December 31, 2012
7:00 am - 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 3:45 pm - Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
December 31, 2012
Downtown Disney Marketplace: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pleasure Island Shopping: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
West Side: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
DisneyQuest is open until 7:00 pm
8:00 pm - 1:00 pm: DisneyQuest New Year's Eve Party
Cirque du Soleil will have a 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm performance
Park hours, parades and fireworks are subject to change.
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2011 Price: Standard Admission = $35 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a free champagne toast to ring in 2013 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars. Must be 21 or older to enter.
VIP admission includes everything provided with standard admission plus entrance into the 2nd Floor VIP area (includes seating, complimentary desserts and coffee from 9:00 - 12:00, and access to a private balcony for viewing of Illuminations).
Dress: Business casual or formal.
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Price: Advance tickets = $50 (tax included)
Tickets purchased day of event = $60 (includes tax)
Purchase tickets here or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Guests will be able to play all DisneyQuest games as well as attend a DJ dance party and countdown to 2013 with a confetti drop and party favors. Prices include a voucher for one personal-size pizza, hot dog, chicken caesar wrap or hamburger, chips and fountain drink.
DisneyQuest will end normal operating hours at 7:00 pm to prepare for this party.
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
- December 31, 2012
- Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
- For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
|Seating Category||Ages 10 and up||Ages 3-9|
Front and Center
Age: 21 and up
- Bowling Package - $175 per person (minimum 4 people). Includes 3 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, one appetizer and one entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Table Package - $100 per person. Includes 3 1/2 hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer or entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Ring in the New Year with bowling, food, drinks, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more!
For more information, call 407-938-PINS or email SocialDirectorsOrlando@SplitsvilleLanes.com.
Bongos Cuban Cafe
- 8:00pm - 2:00pm
- Four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight countdown!
- To reserve a table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com
- 6:00 pm
- House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
- Reggae band SOJA will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $37-$40.
- For tickets, check out the House of Blues website.
Schedule a pick-up order at least 48 hours in advance for December 30-January 1 and get a 20% discount.
Through 12/31/12, buy two merchandise items and get the third free.
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
- Top ranked dishes from the Epcot Food & Wine Festival
- Layoffs at Pixar headquarters
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom