New Year's Eve at Walt Disney World
2014 information not yet released
- Walt Disney World Holiday Highlights
- Theme Park Hours
- New Year's Eve Dining Events
- Cirque du Soleil
- Atlantic Dance
- Downtown Disney
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) Fastpasses will run out quickly, so if there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, get yours as soon as possible. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
not all 2013 info released yet - will be updated as it comes available
December 31, 2012
7:00 am- 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 2:00 am
- 12:30 pm & 3:30 pm: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Parade
- 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
- Celebrate the Magic! projection show (check Daily Times Guides)
- 8:30 pm: Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- 11:50 pm: Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
- DJ dance party in front of the castle (check Daily Times Guides)
December 31, 2013
Future World: 8:00 am - 1:00 am
World Showcase: 9:30 am - 1:00 am
- 6:30 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
- Pick up party hats and horns in Future World West, Future World East, and the American Adventure Pavilion from 6:00-9:00pm.
- DJ dance parties will take place at the Future World Fountain Stage, the American Gardens Theatre, China, Italy and the UK (check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
- Temporary bars will line the walkway around World Showcase Lagoon in Mexico, China, Italy, Germany, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France and Canada.
December 31, 2013
8:00am - midnight, Extra Magic Hours from midnight - 2:00am
- Mulch, Sweat and Shears and a live DJ dance party will take place on the stage in front of the Sorcerer's Hat beginning at 6:00pm.
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special will take place in the Premier Theater at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00pm.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - dusk to park closing
- Fantasmic! will have showings at 6:30, 8:00 and 10:00pm.
- Pick up party hats and horns at Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show after 6:00pm.
- The Lights! Camera, Happy New Year! fireworks show will take place at midnight.
Fantasia 2013 - Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, smoked pork, mahi mahi, red wine-braised chicken, pasta, sweet corn polenta pudding, baby green beans, saffron rice, assorted desserts and fresh fruit, salted caramel milk and Morello Cherry dark drinking chocolate. Price is $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity included).
Monsieur Paul is offering a special 3-course meal for $75 (plux tax and gratuity) from noon-6:30pm:
- Appetizer - choose one
- Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley
- Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream
- Blue cheese salad
- Entree - choose one
- Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce
- Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables
- Beef short ribs slowly braises in red wine, served with a carrot puree
- New Year's Eve dessert
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
New Year's Eve at Epcot— January 3rd, 2013
Pete Werner and Dustin West discuss their first experience at Epcot for all of the New Year's Eve festivities.
December 31, 2012
7:00 am - 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 3:45 pm - Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
December 31, 2013
Downtown Disney Marketplace: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pleasure Island Shopping: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
West Side: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
DisneyQuest is open until 7:00 pm
8:00 pm - 1:00 pm: DisneyQuest New Year's Eve Party
Cirque du Soleil will have a 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm performance
DJ dance parties and live entertainment in all three districts, plus food and beverage offerings, Disney Food Trucks, cocktails, beer and wine available throughout the area.
Park hours, parades and fireworks are subject to change.
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2013 Price: Standard Admission = $37 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a complimentary champagne toast to ring in 2014 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars. Must be 21 or older to enter.
Dress: Business casual or formal.
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Price: Advance tickets = $55 (tax included)
Tickets purchased day of event = $65 (includes tax)
Purchase tickets here or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Guests will be able to play all DisneyQuest games as well as attend 2 DJ dance parties and countdown to 2014 with a confetti drop and party favors. Character meet and greets will be available as well! Meet Chip 'n Dale, Buzz Lightyear and Wreck-It Ralph.
Prices include a voucher for:
- grilled chicken sandwich, grilled veggie wrap sandwich, cheesesteak sandwich or BBQ pork sandwich
- side salad or chips
- cupcake or fruit cup
- soda or bottled water
DisneyQuest will end normal operating hours at 7:00 pm to prepare for this party.
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
- December 31, 2012
- Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
- For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
|Seating Category||Ages 10 and up||Ages 3-9|
Front and Center
Age: 21 and up
- Bowling Package - $175 per person (minimum 4 people). Includes 3 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, one appetizer and one entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Table Package - $100 per person. Includes 3 1/2 hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer or entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Ring in the New Year with bowling, food, drinks, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more!
For more information, call 407-938-PINS or email SocialDirectorsOrlando@SplitsvilleLanes.com.
Bongos Cuban Cafe (2013 info not yet released)
- 8:00pm - 2:00pm
- Four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight countdown!
- To reserve a table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com
- 6:00 pm
- House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
- Reggae band SOJA will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $37-$40.
- For tickets, check out the House of Blues website.
Schedule a pick-up order at least 48 hours in advance for December 30-January 1 and get a 20% discount.
Through 12/31/12, buy two merchandise items and get the third free.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 12:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom