New Year's Eve at Walt Disney World
2014 information not yet released
- Walt Disney World Holiday Highlights
- Theme Park Hours
- New Year's Eve Dining Events
- Cirque du Soleil
- Atlantic Dance
- Downtown Disney
If you plan on visiting a Walt Disney World theme park on New Year's Eve, here are some tips to help make your day as painless as possible:
1) You should arrive early in the morning at the park of your choice and be prepared to spend your entire day there. The parks will reach capacity with no further admittance allowed. Park hopping on New Year's Eve is not recommended.
2) It's a common misconception that guests staying in a Disney Resort are guaranteed admittance into every park. This is not true; as a Disney Resort guest you are promised to gain entrance into a park, but it may not be the park of your choice. Note that having a dining reservation does not mean that you will be allowed in if that park has already reached capacity.
3) For your comfort, arrive early and rent a locker. Should the weather be an issue, you can stow your warm clothes or raingear.
4) Fastpasses will run out quickly, so if there's an attraction on your "must-do" list, get yours as soon as possible. It's not uncommon to see waits of 2+ hours at the most popular attractions.
5) The parks will have live entertainment throughout the day/evening in addition to special midnight fireworks. Be sure to grab a Times Guide upon entering the park.
not all 2013 info released yet - will be updated as it comes available
December 31, 2012
7:00 am- 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 2:00 am
- 12:30 pm & 3:30 pm: Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas Parade
- 7:00 pm & 9:30 pm: Main Street Electrical Parade
- Celebrate the Magic! projection show (check Daily Times Guides)
- 8:30 pm: Holiday Wishes Fireworks
- 11:50 pm: Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks
- DJ dance party in front of the castle (check Daily Times Guides)
December 31, 2013
Future World: 8:00 am - 1:00 am
World Showcase: 9:30 am - 1:00 am
- 6:30 pm and 11:40 pm: Special ending to IllumiNations
- Pick up party hats and horns in Future World West, Future World East, and the American Adventure Pavilion from 6:00-9:00pm.
- DJ dance parties will take place at the Future World Fountain Stage, the American Gardens Theatre, China, Italy and the UK (check Daily Times Guides for specific times)
- Temporary bars will line the walkway around World Showcase Lagoon in Mexico, China, Italy, Germany, American Adventure, Japan, Morocco, France and Canada.
December 31, 2013
8:00am - midnight, Extra Magic Hours from midnight - 2:00am
- Mulch, Sweat and Shears and a live DJ dance party will take place on the stage in front of the Sorcerer's Hat beginning at 6:00pm.
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special will take place in the Premier Theater at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00, 5:00, 7:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, and 11:00pm.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights - dusk to park closing
- Fantasmic! will have showings at 6:30, 8:00 and 10:00pm.
- Pick up party hats and horns at Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show after 6:00pm.
- The Lights! Camera, Happy New Year! fireworks show will take place at midnight.
Fantasia 2013 - Close out the year at Epcot's World ShowPlace with a tribute to the film Fantasia. The buffet will feature soups, salads, smoked pork, mahi mahi, red wine-braised chicken, pasta, sweet corn polenta pudding, baby green beans, saffron rice, assorted desserts and fresh fruit, salted caramel milk and Morello Cherry dark drinking chocolate. Price is $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children ages 3-10 (tax and gratuity included).
Monsieur Paul is offering a special 3-course meal for $75 (plux tax and gratuity) from noon-6:30pm:
- Appetizer - choose one
- Escargot ravioli, cream of parsley
- Mussel soup with saffron, light fennel cream
- Blue cheese salad
- Entree - choose one
- Chicken stuffed with mushroom duxelle, white sauce
- Maine lobster, veloute and baby vegetables
- Beef short ribs slowly braises in red wine, served with a carrot puree
- New Year's Eve dessert
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
New Year's Eve at Epcot— January 3rd, 2013
Pete Werner and Dustin West discuss their first experience at Epcot for all of the New Year's Eve festivities.
December 31, 2012
7:00 am - 8:00 am (Extra Magic Hour Morning for Disney Resort Guests)
Park is open 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- 3:45 pm - Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
December 31, 2013
Downtown Disney Marketplace: 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Pleasure Island Shopping: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
West Side: 8:00 am - 2:00 am
DisneyQuest is open until 7:00 pm
8:00 pm - 1:00 pm: DisneyQuest New Year's Eve Party
Cirque du Soleil will have a 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm performance
DJ dance parties and live entertainment in all three districts, plus food and beverage offerings, Disney Food Trucks, cocktails, beer and wine available throughout the area.
Park hours, parades and fireworks are subject to change.
Time: 8:00 pm - 2:00 am
2013 Price: Standard Admission = $37 (gratuity not included)
VIP Admission = $75
Standard event admission includes celebrating with a Video DJ on the main dance floor, a complimentary champagne toast to ring in 2014 and "party favors." Additional beverages will be available for purchase from three bars. Must be 21 or older to enter.
Dress: Business casual or formal.
Time: 8:00 pm - 1:00 am
Price: Advance tickets = $55 (tax included)
Tickets purchased day of event = $65 (includes tax)
Purchase tickets here or by calling 407-WDISNEY.
Guests will be able to play all DisneyQuest games as well as attend 2 DJ dance parties and countdown to 2014 with a confetti drop and party favors. Character meet and greets will be available as well! Meet Chip 'n Dale, Buzz Lightyear and Wreck-It Ralph.
Prices include a voucher for:
- grilled chicken sandwich, grilled veggie wrap sandwich, cheesesteak sandwich or BBQ pork sandwich
- side salad or chips
- cupcake or fruit cup
- soda or bottled water
DisneyQuest will end normal operating hours at 7:00 pm to prepare for this party.
Celebrate the New Year at Downtown Disney West Side's Cirque du Soleil La Nouba. There will be a special finale at each performance, a limited edition La Nouba trading pin for each guest and specialty drinks for purchase.
- December 31, 2012
- Two Performances: 6:00 pm, 9:00 pm
- For tickets, contact 407-WDW-SEAT
|Seating Category||Ages 10 and up||Ages 3-9|
Front and Center
Age: 21 and up
- Bowling Package - $175 per person (minimum 4 people). Includes 3 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental, one appetizer and one entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Table Package - $100 per person. Includes 3 1/2 hour table reservation, choice of one appetizer or entree per person, two drink tickets, one bottle of champagne or house wine, and non-alcoholic beverages.
Ring in the New Year with bowling, food, drinks, a DJ, dancing, pool tables and more!
For more information, call 407-938-PINS or email SocialDirectorsOrlando@SplitsvilleLanes.com.
Bongos Cuban Cafe (2013 info not yet released)
- 8:00pm - 2:00pm
- Four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight countdown!
- To reserve a table, contact GRodriguez@BongosCubanCafe.com
- 6:00 pm
- House band Creel and Irish dancing. Champagne toasts at 7:00pm and midnight!
House of Blues
- Reggae band SOJA will put on a concert suitable for fans of all ages. $37-$40.
- For tickets, check out the House of Blues website.
Schedule a pick-up order at least 48 hours in advance for December 30-January 1 and get a 20% discount.
Through 12/31/12, buy two merchandise items and get the third free.
- Spots still available at Tables in Wonderland event on April 19 - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Menu items for Epcot After Hours Wind Down - Tickets, which can be reserved in advance, include one beverage and a selection of light snacks.
- Rehabs planned for two of Disney's golf courses - Disney's Magnolia Golf Course and Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course will be closed 5/21 - 6/4/2014.
- Guests at the Swan and Dolphin can now book their FastPass+ 60 days in advance - Onsite resort guests and guests at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin can make FastPass+ reservations up to 60 days in advance. Annual Passholders and offsite guests can make their reservations up to 30 days in advance.
- Blog - Actors Fund Gala Tickets Honoring Disney Theatricals on Sale Now
- Changes to Earl of Sandwich menu - Prices have increased by about 50 cents per sandwich. New sandwiches have been added and others have been removed.
- Epcot After Hours Wind Down lounges to be available - Stick around after IllumiNations for an evening at one of 4 exclusive lounges featuring food and beverages from award-winning Epcot chefs and sommeliers.
- Annual passholders can save up to 35% on WDW hotels, plus get free Memory Maker photos! - Guests will save up to 35% on their room, plus get free Memory Maker digital photos. Discount is valid for travel between 6/16/14 - 8/2/14.
- Blog - VIDEO: Disney reveals first look at animatronics and scenes inside Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Meet the Easter Bunny at the Magic Kingdom April 13-20 - The Easter Bunny will also have a special pre-parade appearance on 4/19 and 4/20/14. He will be joined by other springtime characters, dancers and the Azalea Trail Maids.
- Carbon-Freeze Me experience at Star Wars Weekends to offer X-Wing Pilots and more - In addition to the carbonite figure, last year's Stormtrooper will be available, as well as two new figurines - an Alderaan Princess and X-Wing Pilot.
- Blog - Third Annual Easter Egg Display at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Easter activities and special dining menus at Walt Disney World resorts - List of events planned at Walt Disney World resorts.
- Blog - Disney Infinity Teases Marvel & Confirms Version 2.0
- October 2014 Walt Disney World park hours released - List of times for parades, fireworks, and park hours.
- Blog - What To Expect When You're...Cruising with Disney and a Baby: Part 2
- Big Thunder Mountain closed for 2 days for rehab - The attraction will be closed 4/7-4/9/14.
- Surprising your family with a trip to Disney? Check out our tips! - Surprising the kids with a Disney vacation is part of the thrill for some parents. Others would love to do it, but aren’t sure how to pull it off. Here are some different approaches to creating that special surprise for your family!
- Blog - New Lawsuit Attacks Disney’s New Disability Access Service
- VIDEO: Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot - Enjoy a special fireworks viewing area and desserts from around World Showcase paired with sparkling wines.
- Tables in Wonderland event at Golden Oak's Markham's restaurant - For this special evening, guests will dine at the exclusive Markham's restaurant at Disney's Golden Oak Club, Walt Disney World's private residential community.
- Blog - Review: Epcot's new IllumiNations Sparkling Dessert Party
- Blog - Review: Epcot Gardens of the World Tour
- Dates announced for Sounds Like Summer Concert series - The Sounds Like Summer Concert Series features some of the greatest tribute bands rockin' to U2, The Bee Gees, the Eagles and many more during select nights from June to July.
- Night of Joy tickets now on sale - Disney's Night of Joy features contemporary Christian performers. The star-studded lineup is always outstanding and features a host of Dove Award and Grammy Award winning artists.
- Blog - DVC Owner To File Class Action Demanding More FastPass+ Experiences
- Blog - Walt Disney World is now selling MagicBands to Offsite Day Guests
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - The American Adventure - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - The American Adventure, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - World Showcase - Italy - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at World Showcase - Italy, February 12, 2014 - Afternoon
- Parking prices increase at Walt Disney World - Prices have increased $2 for each category.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Echo Lake - Academy Hall of Fame, February 12, 2014 - Morning
- Cirque du Soleil discount offered for Tables in Wonderland members - Discounted tickets are available for performances April 1-May 10 and May 27-June 28, 2014.
- Tables in Wonderland Flower and Garden Festival Special Dining Event - This buffet will bring Tables in Wonderland members together during the Festival for dinner and drinks, then you will head to the Flower Power Concert series to hear the sounds of The Grass Roots.
- Fittipaldi Cup racing event planned for Walt Disney World Speedway - The Exotic Driving Experience and 2014 Rolex 24 winner Christian Fittipaldi are putting on a half-day racing event at the Walt Disney World Speedway.
- Grand Floridian hosts Edible Easter Egg Display - This is the third year the resort has hosted the display of hand-painted edible Easter eggs; the eggs are 16 to 20 inches tall.
- Star Wars-themed character meals at Hollywood Studios! - For a limited time, guests will have the opportunity to dine with Star Wars characters or Disney characters dressed up in their Star Wars costumes.
- New 2015 Disney Crusie Line Destinations - Disney Cruise Line has added new destinations for 2015! For the first time, the Disney Magic will set sail for Northern Europe, visiting the Norwegian fjords, Iceland and the Faroe Islands. Seven- and nine-night sailings will depart from Copenhagen, Denmark and will immerse guests in the Viking history of this mystical land, which served as the backdrop for Disney's blockbuster film Frozen. Sail past mountains, glaciers, geysers and fjords and stop in port cities reminiscent of storybook villages.
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to close September 30 - A new restaurant will open in its place this fall.
- Blog - Saying Farewell to Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade at Animal Kingdom
- Blog - The Dream of Retiring to Central Florida
- Egg-stravaganza Easter egg hunt planned for Epcot - Search for special hidden Disney character "eggs" at Epcot.
- Blog - Review: “Muppets Most Wanted” Now Touring Worldwide and in Theaters!
- Blog - Five Reasons You Should Go See 'Muppets Most Wanted' This Weekend
- Mark Hamill - Luke Skywalker - will be attending Star Wars Weekends! - This will be the actor's first appearance at Star Wars Weekends.
- PEEPS-themed Easter events planned for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin - The resort will be celebrating a PEEPtastic week 4/16 - 4/20/14.
- Brunch planned to debut new Disney Collection by Vera Bradley design - "Mickey's Perfect Petals" will be showcased at the brunch and will be available for purchase.
- Blog - New Frozen Merchandise at Disney Parks
- Extended preview of Maleficent film at Disney's Hollywood Studios - The upcoming Maleficent film, starring Angelina Jolie, opens in theaters May 30. Theme park guests can see an extended preview of the film beginning April 18 and running through mid-June.
- Food Truck Park to open at Downtown Disney - The Food Truck Park is currently under construction and should open this summer between Bongos and Starbucks.
- Blog - Review: Disney's 'Saving Mr. Banks' Now Available On Blu-ray, DVD, & Digital Download
- Blog - Review: "Frozen" Blu-ray Hits Shelves
- Blog - Top 10 Reasons Why March 18th Is The Best Day Ever For Disney Fans
- Disney plans baseball pitching contest for $1 million prize
- Court denies SeaWorld's appeal of OSHA ruling
- Samsung Smart TV app available for Disney Parks
- Disney Cruise Line crew member arrested for alleged molestation
- Record number of visitors to Orlando in 2013
- Disney releases CGI video of new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction
- Muppets scavenger hunt game available at Epcot
- Renovation on SeaWorld's Shamu Stadium nearly complete
- Housekeeper attacked at Disney's Art of Animation Resort
- Changes to Disney's FastPass+, including park hopping, announced
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|8:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
8:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 7:00
10:00 - 7:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW