Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- Universal Orlando calls bomb squad; discovers musical greeting card in "suspicious package"
- September is Passholder Month at Universal Orlando - September is Passholder Month, which means more exclusive discounts and benefits to anyone holding any level of annual pass.
- Cabana Bay Beach Resort adding 400 guest rooms - Cabana Bay Beach Resort is adding an additional 400 guest rooms by 2017, brining the resort total to 2,200.
- Halloween Horror Nights 25 fully revealed - All of the HHN 25 houses, scare zones, and shows were revealed at midnight on 8/27.
- Fast & Furious: Supercharged coming to Universal Orlando in 2017 - Disaster and Beetlejuice will soon be closing at Universal Studios Florida to make way for Fast & Furious: Supercharged.
- Family's Guide to Universal: The Simpsons Ride
- A Celebration of Harry Potter vacation packages available to book - Information regarding A Celebration of Harry Potter vacation packages.
- Say goodbye to Lucy - A Tribute - Lucy - A Tribute will be replaced by a Hello Kitty interactive retail experience.
- Review: NBA City is an Alley-OOPS! - NBA City may not look great from the outside, but you'd be surprised at some of the great food that is inside.
- Family's Guide to Universal: The Blues Brothers Show - Check out this take on The Blues Brothers Show at Universal Studios Florida in this Family's Guide to Universal!
- Loews Sapphire Falls Resort set to open July 14, 2016 - Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, the fifth Loews Hotel on Universal Orlando Resort property and their first moderate resort, is now available to book and will officially open on July 14, 2016!
- Family's Guide to Universal: Twister...Ride It Out - Twister...Ride It Out places us in the 1996 film, Twister, and is a re-creation of a tornado ripping through a small town in Oklahoma.
- TripAdvisor honors Islands of Adventure as the world's top theme park - These awards are chosen yearly based on reviews from TripAdvisor users.
- Insidious coming to Halloween Horror Nights - The popular film series Insidious will be represented at Halloween Horror Nights 25 at Universal Studios Florida.
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 3 - Royal Pacific Resort - Day 3 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Royal Pacific Resort - a relaxing escape to the South Pacific right in the middle of Orlando!
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 2 - Hard Rock Hotel - Day 2 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Hard Rock Hotel - the only hotel in Orlando that makes you feel like a rock star the second you step foot in the lobby.
- Universal Land & Sea - Day 1 - Portofino Bay Hotel - Day 1 of our Universal Land & Sea coverage is dedicated to Portofino Bay Hotel - the flagship resort of Universal Orlando and one of the most beautiful and elegant hotels in Orlando, period.
- Family's Guide to Universal: Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges - It's the classic struggle between a spinach-eating hero and a bearded bully to win the irresistible and scrawny damsel-in-distress, but this time there is a lot of water involved.
- Family's Guide to Universal: MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack.
- Family's Guide to Universal: Revenge of the Mummy - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - Revenge of the Mummy.
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando is closing December 31, 2016 - The water park has been open for nearly 40 years.
- Universal Orlando presents Freddy vs. Jason during Halloween Horror Nights
- Universal Orlando experiences power outage on 25th anniversary