Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- NBCUniversal acquires DreamWorks Animation - Universal has acquired DreamWorks Animation, which has an equity value of $3.8 billion.
- 2016 Halloween Horror Nights 26 House Information - Two classic horror films are being represented as houses!
- The Exorcist will be terrifying guests at HHN 2016 - The Exorcist will be featured at the event on both coasts in two VERY different experiences.
- VIDEO: Ryno's Favorite Merchandise Locations | Universal Studios - Ryno takes a stroll through some of his favorite merchandise locations at Universal Studios. Check out where he went for his window shopping day!
- 4 Tips for keeping track of your family at Universal Orlando - Regardless of when you head to the parks, they will be packed with people.
- 2016 First quarter injury report for Orlando theme parks - Walt Disney World reported seven injuries, Universal Orlando reported two, and SeaWorld reported none.
- VIDEO: Ryno Dines at Hot Dog Hall of Fame | Citywalk - Weiner for one! Ryno dines solo at Hot Dog Hall of Fame located at Universal Citywalk. Was he sad about it? Absolutely not! Watch as he shoves a hot dog down his gullet and shares his thoughts on this food establishment.
- VIDEO: A Few of Ryno's Favorite Things | Universal Studios - Ryno ventures off on his own to Universal Studios to experience some of his favorite things. Spoiler Alert: a lot of his favorites things are food...Check out what he got up to with his day!
- VIDEO: JL has a "Me Party" at Thunder Falls Terrace | Islands of Adventure - JL decides to eat at Thunder Falls Terrace in Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure. Tune in to see what she thought of her meal!
- Walk in Harry Potter's Footsteps