Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- Family's Guide to Universal: Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges - It's the classic struggle between a spinach-eating hero and a bearded bully to win the irresistible and scrawny damsel-in-distress, but this time there is a lot of water involved.
- Family's Guide to Universal: MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - MEN IN BLACK Alien Attack.
- Family's Guide to Universal: Revenge of the Mummy - This is one family's take on one of Universal's most popular attractions - Revenge of the Mummy.
- Wet 'n Wild Orlando is closing December 31, 2016 - The water park has been open for nearly 40 years.
- Universal Orlando presents Freddy vs. Jason during Halloween Horror Nights
- Universal Orlando experiences power outage on 25th anniversary
- NBC Sports Grill & Brew opening at CityWalk this fall - NBC Sports Grill & Brew will bring an extensive menu, a ton of beers and lots of HD sports in the old location of NASCAR Sports Grille.
- VIDEO: Raptor Encounter at Islands of Adventure - The brand new Raptor Encounter experience at Islands of Adventure will bring you face-to-face with a Velociraptor from Jurassic Park!
- Volcano Bay water theme park coming to Universal Orlando in 2017 - Universal Orlando announced today that Volcano Bay will be joining Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure as the third gate experience at Universal Orlando Resort in 2017 as a brand new, thrilling and immersive water theme park experience!
- Free Breakfast Offer with 4-Night Stay at Cabana Bay Beach Resort - Book a 4-night stay at Cabana Bay from now - 6/30/15 for travel between 9/7/15 and 12/17/15 and receive free breakfast for two and more!
- Universal's 25th anniversary concert series begins this weekend - Prince Royce kicks off the festivities on Saturday, May 23.
- Jack the Clown returns to Halloween Horror Nights - Universal Orlando has made a huge announcement for huge HHN fans, revealing Jack the Clown would return for the 25th anniversary of the event!