Islands of Adventure Attractions
One of the creative forces behind Islands of Adventure is none other than famed director, Steven Spielberg. Adding his magic to Dueling Dragons and bringing his blockbuster hit "Jurassic Park" to Islands of Adventure was a stroke of genius. This section of the park faithfully recreates the "Jurassic" environment from the film.
Park River Adventure
Height Requirement: 42 inches Taken from Universals sister park in California, this is a flume ride based on the popular film. You begin by taking a leisurely boat ride through tropical settings, and before long, you are stalked by velociraptor's and a T-Rex. The 85 foot plunge at the end is considered by many to be the best of any flume ride they've encountered. This will have long lines!!! If you want to REALLY get wet, stand alongside the Terrace Falls restaurant. As the boats come down the final plunge, they throw water to both sides, soaking this area.
This exhibit is divided into two areas. The top floor houses "The Burger Digs" (a fast food restaurant), and the DinoStore (a gift shop). A large spiral staircase (just like the one seen in the film) winds past two suspended dinosaur skeletons. These are actual props from the film 'Jurassic Park'. On the lower floor, you will find several interactive experiences. One area allows you to look through a view finder to see how a dinosaur would see (the units are actually attached to the sides of full scale model dinosaurs, and the heads move as you move the view finder). You can also make 'noises' to hear what the dinosaur would sound like.
Another area features a trivia game entitled "You Bet Jurassic". This fast paced, three player trivia game has four rounds that take about 5 minutes to play. There are 5 versions of the game, so those standing in line to play won't already know the answers when they get their turn.
Against the back wall of the lower level of the Discovery Center is the 'hatchery'. Here you will find a bank of computers for analyzing dinosaur eggs. You place the egg in an analyzer, and attempt to discover what kind of dinosaur is inside. In the center of the back wall, you will see several eggs being rotated. An attendant will come out to check on them, then announce that one of the eggs is starting to hatch. It's a remarkable sight, and very well done!!Pteranodon Flyers
Oddly enough, this is the only ride we know of in Orlando where you MUST be accompanied by a child if you are over 56" tall. This is a slow loading ride that almost always has a ridiculous wait time. It is also not part of UniversalExpress Plus, so there's no skipping to the front of the line here. The Pteranodon's sport 10 foot wingspans and fly in a circular pattern with you on their backs. This is part of Camp Jurassic, and as such is more of a kids ride than anything else. These flyers are also fairly high up, so those with a fear of heights may want to avoid this, as the flyers are open air.Camp Jurassic
An exploration station for kids, complete with caves, lava pits and more. The big attraction here is the Pteranodon Flyers (mentioned above).
- Special milkshake coming to Toothsome Chocolate Emporium for one day only! - Celebrate National Chocolate Day at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen on Friday, October 28.
- Comcast Q3 earnings shows increase in Universal Parks & Resorts - Universal Parks & Resorts reported an increase in Q3 revenue and profits due to USH and USJ.
- Quarterly theme park injury report shows man dies after riding Star Tours - The man had a pre-existing heart condition and felt ill after riding.
- Halloween Horror Nights 26 extended into November - HHN 26 has added two extra dates on November 4 and November 5.
- VIDEO: E.T. Adventure Review | Universal Orlando Resort - Craig and Oliver review and give their opinions on the E.T. Adventure attraction located at Universal Studios Florida.
- VIDEO: Dining at Bubba Gump Shrimp CO. | CityWalk - Craig, Ryno, and Oliver dine at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. located at Universal CityWalk in Orlando.
- VIDEO: Islands of Adventure Walking Tour | Universal Orlando Resort - The park's overall theme is that of a journey of exploration, where guests depart from a main port to visit themed islands, all emphasizing adventure.
- VIDEO: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Walkthrough & Reactions | HHN | Universal Studios Hollywood - Join Ryno, Oliver, and Tom as they go from maze to maze at Halloween Horror Nights in Hollywood experiencing all the terror that Universal Studios Hollywood has to offer!
- VIDEO: Halloween Horror Night 2016 Overview | Universal Studios Hollywood - One of the premiere Halloween events in Southern California, Halloween Horror Nights 2016 features 7 terrifying mazes based on some of the most horrifying tv shows and movies of all time.
- Orlando theme parks sue Orange County's property appraiser - All three major theme park companies in Orlando have filed suit against appraiser Rick Singh's office because of a large increase in 2015 assessment values.
- Disney and Universal to honor Halloween event tickets from hurricane closure - Tickets can either be exchanged or refunded.
- VIDEO: Lunch at BeachClub | Hard Rock Hotel | Universal Studios Resort - Join Steve and Ryno as they decide to venture out of the theme parks for lunch and head to the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Studios Resort.
- Summary of all weather-related closings affecting Walt Disney World, Universal and SeaWorld - Due to the path of Hurricane Matthew, which is currently making its way toward the eastern Florida coastline, there are several cancellations and closings in effect.
- What visitors to Central Florida need to know about cancellations due to Hurricane Matthew - Each of the theme parks have different policies allowing guests to cancel a vacation if there are serious threats like a hurricane.
- Hurricane Matthew will likely stay east of Florida, but might impact travel - Meteorologists want travelers to remain cautious as the storms path could change.
- Power outage hits Universal Studios Florida - Power outage affected most of Universal Studios Florida and the Orlando Fire Department was called in to help with Transformers and Men in Black evacs.
- Universal Mardi Gras running 49 consecutive nights in 2017 - Universal Mardi Gras will be changing things up in 2017 and will run 49 nights straight instead of weekends only.