Animal Kingdom - Kali River Rapids
|Animal Kingdom Attractions||Discovery Island|
|Africa||Rafiki's Planet Watch|
Animal Kingdom Asia
Kali River Rapids
Those looking for respite on a hot day will certainly find it at the Kali River Rapids at the Animal Kingdom. When you see the numerous signs that indicate that you WILL get wet, believe them! Just be sure to soak in the sights of the well-themed and interesting queue before you get soaked yourself.
Tip: If you don't want to get wet, wear a rain poncho. You might want to bring extra clothes in case you do get wet.
The theme of conservation found throughout the Animal Kingdom is the premise of this exciting attraction. The ride is based on how the destruction of a rainforest by an outlaw logging company threatens the ecological balance of the area.
You begin your experience wandering through a long and winding path that is lined with knee-high prayer shrines similar to those found in Nepal. You’ll pass rock-lined ruins amidst overgrown tree roots, interspersed with wonderful lush landscaping. The crumbling remnants of the statues, long past their days as objects of worship, still command a sense of power and dignity. When you enter the temple, take note of the sandals lined up outside of the place of worship as is the custom. Wandering through the painted shrine, you’ll encounter 15-foot tall feline statues and discover a magnificently carved, animal frieze that serves as a room divider. Looking up, you’ll find hand-painted murals on the ceiling, each of which tells a legend of Bangkok. No detail is spared in creating the Asian atmosphere.
Prior to boarding your raft, you’ll pass through a boathouse where television monitors show slides of the Himalayas that tells the tale of illegal logging and the loss of animal habitats.
A circular, slowly rotating boat dock leads you to the waiting rafts, some which are aptly named “Manaslu Slammer”, “Banyan Bay”, “Kali Bumper Car” or “Sherpa Surfer”. Each round raft seats 12 around the perimeter with a space in the center with a plastic cover to protect anything that you don’t want to get wet. Please note: if you plan on removing your shoes, you cannot go barefoot. You may want to bring some beach sandals to slip on.
Your 4 ½-minute adventure along the Chakranadi River (“river in a circle”), begins with a steep 90-foot climb through jasmine and ginger-scented mists, continues on through the river’s main channel and bumps and careens past a waterfall. You’ll float through a thick, lush jungle and hear the calls of the wildlife within. As you bounce along the churning waters past the bamboo thicket, you’ll hear the chainsaws and smell the smoke as a precursor of the carnage that lies ahead. The lush, vivid greenery of the rainforest is reduced to blackened stumps as you dart past a logging truck perched precariously over the bank. Your wild journey has one drop and before you know it, your journey through the forest is complete. Beware the bridge with the smiling faces watching you as you
There is a height restriction of 42” in effect here and parents may use the “child swap” option.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests using wheelchairs must be able to transfer from their chair to board the raft. Guests who experience neck or back problems or suffer motion sickness, and expectant mothers should not ride this attraction.
Click Here for a No-Obligation Disney Vacation Quote
from Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Blog - Disney’s Festival of Fantasy Parade debuts at the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO - Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - Festival of Fantasy is the brand new daily parade at the Magic Kingdom bringing the characters and stories of New Fantasyland to life! Brand new floats and costumes were produced for the parade featuring characters from Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Princess and the Frog, Brave, Dumbo, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Peter Pan, Sleeping Beauty, Tangled, Fantasia, Snow White and more!
- Photo Gallery of the Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade - The "Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade" celebrates New Fantasyland with new innovative floats, costumes and an all-new soundtrack that features songs from popular Disney films.
- VIDEO - Topiaries at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival - The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival is better than before in 2014 and features some of the most beautiful and elaborate topiaries seen anywhere. New this year includes 'Spring is in the Air!' featuring Goofy, Donald and Daisy as you enter the park; Soccer Goofy and Donald; and Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy inspired by "Muppets Most Wanted". Returning favorites include Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Buzz Lightyear, Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater, Phineas and Ferb, Tinker Bell, Bambi and Friends, Peter Pan and Captain Hook, Winnie the Pooh and Friends, Classic Disney Couples, Woody, Lady and the Tramp, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Lion King, Pandas, Troll and Fantasia!
- VIDEO - Outdoor Kitchens at Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - After the popular introduction in 2013, the outdoor kitchens are back at the 2014 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival serving up some of the finest and freshest food at Epcot in a similar fashion to the Food & Wine Festival. Outdoor kitchens include Pineapple Promenade, The Buttercup Cottage, Fleur de Lys, Taste of Marrakesh, Hanami, The Smokehouse: Barbecue and Brews, Primavera Kitchen, Florida Fresh, Lotus House, Jardin de Fiestas, and the new Urban Farm EATS!
- VIDEO - Festival Center at the Flower & Garden Festival - Video of the Festival Center at Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2014. The festival center is where you can find many of the seminars and presentations featured during the Festival.
- 2014 Flower & Garden Festival Photos - 2014 photo gallery of Epcot's International Flower & Garden Festival
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Magic Kingdom