Disney's Animal Kingdom - Dinosaur
|Animal Kingdom Attractions||Discovery Island|
|Africa||Rafiki's Planet Watch|
The stoic museum-like Dino Institute, where “the future is truly in the past”, houses Disney’s moving simulator ride, Dinosaur.As visitors enter the Institute, they pass informative fossil exhibits. The walls of the queuing area are covered with life-size casts of real dinosaur skeletons. The centerpiece of this room is an enormous Carnotaurus skeleton.
Bill Nye the Science Guy sets the stage for your adventure as he narrates the theory of how the dinosaurs were obliterated 65 million years ago by fiery meteor showers that hit Earth. The pre-show movie is a Dino Institute commercial of sorts. Here visitors learn of the plan of the rebellious Dr. Grant Seeker. Before you're sent back in time, he asks you to bring back the last Iguanodon before the deadly meteors crash to the Earth.
Guests proceed to the loading area to board the 12-seat Time Rovers and begin their exciting time travel journey to the past. This moving simulator ride bounces, bumps and careens its way through a primeval forest where you’ll encounter a number of amazing Audio-animatronic dinosaur specimens and some terrific special effects designed to stimulate all of your senses.
During your 3-½ minute adventure, you'll have your picture taken. These pictures can be viewed and purchased as you exit the attraction. Be sure to check out the monitors before exiting the unloading area for a cute surprise.
While this is a very popular ride, it is not suited for everyone. There is a height restriction of 40” in effect and children under the age of 7 are not admitted without being accompanied by an adult. (The “child swap” option may be used here.)
There are warnings that some of the special effects may be too intense for children and some adults. Take these seriously. This ride is very dark, loud and parts of it are quite scary. Riders should also be free of neck and back problems. Expectant mothers should not ride Dinosaur.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests in wheelchairs must be able to transfer from their wheelchair to board. For guests who are hearing impaired, the pre-show is closed-captioned.
Click Here for a No-Obligation Disney Vacation Quote
from Dreams Unlimited Travel
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios