Epcot - Test Track
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Opened: December 6, 2012 (reopening), March 17, 1999 (original)
Ride Length: 4 minutes
Guests will design their own custom concept vehicle at an interactive design kiosk, so you will choose all your car's features. Note: if you choose to use the FastPass or Single Rider lines, you will skip this process and will use a custom car designed for you.
The previous incarnation of the ride's queue focused on safety testing; the queue now focuses on the Chevrolet's Automotive Design process, from the beginning sketches of the car to the actual vehicle you see on the showroom floor.
Guests will ride through the attraction in a six-passenger SimCar, but your design follows you through the ride in a virtual sense. At the end, you will find out how your design compares to the SimCar in the areas of Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The soundtrack features not only music, but special sound effects as well. There are four show scenes. In Capability, your car is tested for rough road and weather conditions. Efficiency tests what effect your car will have on the earth. Responsiveness tests the car's maneuverability. The last section is everyone's favorite - Speed! Feel the wind in your hair as you zip around the outside track.
In the post-show, your car will be scored against cars from the rest of the day. Multiple interactive elements allow you to further tweak your design to your liking. See your car featured in a TV commercial or even race it on a virtual track. You can walk through a showroom featuring Chevrolet cars, as well as take advantage of photo ops with concept cars.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests must transfer from their wheelchair/ECVs to experience this attraction. Service animals are not permitted on this attraction. Video captioning is available.
Height Requirements: Children under the age of 7 cannot ride Test Track without being accompanied by an adult and a height restriction of 40" is in effect but parents may wish to use the "switch off" option.
TIPS: This ride has a “single riders” option that could save you TONS of time in line. You’ll be split up from other members of your group, but if you don’t mind that, then give it a try. If you prefer to ride with your group, definitely get a FastPass first thing in the morning.
- jackjyro - "This ride is actually really good. This ride involves fast turns, high speed runs and a crushing 65 mph g-force turn outside. If you hate high speeds, run as fast as you can away from the ride."
- SuperDisneyDad - "Another of the top attractions at WDW in my opinion. Lots of surprises and a really fun, fast ride. The lines can get very long, and FastPasses can be used up quickly. However, worth the wait."
More Test Track Reviews
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom