Epcot - Test Track
|Main Page||Future World||World Showcase|
|Map of Epcot||Mission: Space|
|Captain EO||Spaceship Earth|
|Imagination!||Universe of Energy|
|The Seas with Nemo and Friends||Restaurants/Dining|
|Turtle Talk with Crush||Shows and Events|
Opened: December 6, 2012 (reopening), March 17, 1999 (original)
Ride Length: 4 minutes
Guests will design their own custom concept vehicle at an interactive design kiosk, so you will choose all your car's features. Note: if you choose to use the FastPass or Single Rider lines, you will skip this process and will use a custom car designed for you.
The previous incarnation of the ride's queue focused on safety testing; the queue now focuses on the Chevrolet's Automotive Design process, from the beginning sketches of the car to the actual vehicle you see on the showroom floor.
Guests will ride through the attraction in a six-passenger SimCar, but your design follows you through the ride in a virtual sense. At the end, you will find out how your design compares to the SimCar in the areas of Capability, Efficiency, Responsiveness and Power.
The soundtrack features not only music, but special sound effects as well. There are four show scenes. In Capability, your car is tested for rough road and weather conditions. Efficiency tests what effect your car will have on the earth. Responsiveness tests the car's maneuverability. The last section is everyone's favorite - Speed! Feel the wind in your hair as you zip around the outside track.
In the post-show, your car will be scored against cars from the rest of the day. Multiple interactive elements allow you to further tweak your design to your liking. See your car featured in a TV commercial or even race it on a virtual track. You can walk through a showroom featuring Chevrolet cars, as well as take advantage of photo ops with concept cars.
Handicapped Accessibility: Guests must transfer from their wheelchair/ECVs to experience this attraction. Service animals are not permitted on this attraction. Video captioning is available.
Height Requirements: Children under the age of 7 cannot ride Test Track without being accompanied by an adult and a height restriction of 40" is in effect but parents may wish to use the "switch off" option.
TIPS: This ride has a “single riders” option that could save you TONS of time in line. You’ll be split up from other members of your group, but if you don’t mind that, then give it a try. If you prefer to ride with your group, definitely get a FastPass first thing in the morning.
- jackjyro - "This ride is actually really good. This ride involves fast turns, high speed runs and a crushing 65 mph g-force turn outside. If you hate high speeds, run as fast as you can away from the ride."
- SuperDisneyDad - "Another of the top attractions at WDW in my opinion. Lots of surprises and a really fun, fast ride. The lines can get very long, and FastPasses can be used up quickly. However, worth the wait."
More Test Track Reviews
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW