Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
4401 Grand Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL, 32830-1000
Maximum persons per room: 5 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 900
Room size: 440 Sq Ft.
Price per night: Resort Rates
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort OverviewThe Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is Disney's top resort. From its location to its elegant charm, it's easy to see why it's considered Disney's best.
Inspired by San Diego's venerable Hotel Del Coronado, the Grand Floridian is a blend of Victorian elegance and modern day amenities. From its verandas, dormers and cupolas to the red shingled, gabled roofs and intricate gingerbread trim, this stately resort is a shining example of the Victorian era's architecture.
This impressive style extends to the monorail stop which is designed to resemble a Victorian train station. The breathtaking 5 story high atrium lobby is capped with light filtering stained glass domes. Glistening chandeliers, an aviary, potted palm trees and a grand piano providing live music add to the lavish ambiance here. An open-cage elevator transports guests to the second floor shops and restaurants.
Romance abounds at the Grand Floridian. No doubt that's why it was chosen as the location for the nearby Fairy Tale Wedding Pavilion.
When you think of fine dining, there's nothing better than Disney's Victoria & Albert's. This unique dining experience is the perfect enhancement to your stay at the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. There are other excellent restaurants ranging from upscale to counter serve as well as a fun character meal. You can even partake of afternoon tea.
The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa is located on the Seven Seas lagoon. For a great view of the Magic Kingdom's nightly Wishes fireworks, stroll to the white sand beach. You can also watch the Electrical Water Pageant as this old time favorite is performed each night.
Pampering yourself during your trip is easy when you visit the Grand Floridian's full service spa. From a manicure to a massage, its the perfect way to relax and indulge yourself.
There's a fun Beachside pool with a waterslide, and the more serene Courtyard pool. Either one is the perfect spot to cool off during your stay.
If you're looking for an upscale vacation experience, you can't go wrong when you choose Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
SERVICES/AMENITIESBabysitting/Childcare Services: The Mouseketeer Club is open from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Daily Maid Service
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- Free Wireless Internet
- ATM machine
- Shops: Sandy Cove (sundries, snacks, collectibles)
- Summerlace (ladies wear)
- Commander Porterís (menís wear)
- M. Mouse Mercantile (character shop)
- Voice Mail
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Modem lines in the room
- Shoeshine Facilities (available from Housekeeping)
- Inaugural Disney Fit Challenge to be held in September - Competitions will include tests of power, speed, balance, strength and endurance.
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Major staff cuts at Disney Interactive
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
8:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Hollywood Studios