Disney's Polynesian Resort
Polynesian Resort Address:
1600 Seven Seas Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Phone: (407) 824-2000
Fax: (407) 824-3174
Maximum persons per room: 4 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 853
Room size: 409 Sq Ft. (average)
Maximum Occupancy: 5
Price per night: Resort Rates
Disney's Polynesian Resort Overview
The Polynesian is one of the original resorts Disney World opened in 1971. The tropical theme is timeless and it remains one of Disney's most popular destinations. For a great blog on the history of the resort, click here.
The Polynesian Resort is located on the beautiful Seven Seas Lagoon. This prized locale makes it perfect for viewing the Magic Kingdom fireworks, the nightly Electrical Water Pageant or for simply gazing at Cinderella's Castle.
When you arrive at the Polynesian, you'll head to the Great Ceremonial House, the resort's main reception area. This bit of paradise has a 3 story high atrium with cascading waterfalls and 75 varieties of tropical and subtropical plants.
The theming continues throughout the grounds of the resort with white sand beaches, torch lit walkways, lush landscaping, waterfalls, koi ponds and longhouses fashioned after South Pacific lodges. The guest rooms are located in outbuildings with such exotic names as Tonga, Aotearoa, Fiji, Tuvalu, Hawaii, Samoa, Niue, Rarotonga, Tokelau, Tahiti, and Rapa Nui.
For dining, you can choose one of two full serve restaurants, a counter serve spot or you can enjoy the Polynesian Luau dinner show.
The volcano themed pool at the Polynesian is the perfect spot to cool off or you can head to the marina and rent a watercraft to enhance your stay.
Another appeal of the Polynesian Resort is its location on the Monorail track. Within minutes you'll be whisked to Disney's Magic Kingdom.
If being transported to a tropical isle is on your wishlist, the Polynesian Resort is the perfect choice.
- Barefoot Pool Bar
- Captain Cook's Snack Co.
- Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show at Luau Cove
- Kona Cafe
- Kona Island
- Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch
- Tambu Lounge
Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Luau Dinner Show)
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is located at Disney's Polynesian
Resort in the Luau Cove located just off the beach in a
newly renovated covered, open-air theater. Please note that
show will only cancel for temperatures falling below 50
The show is hostessed each evening by Auntie Wini, who has invited the whole neighborhood for a celebration to welcome home one of the local girls that has been away. The Aloha Dinner Show features music and dances of the cultures of Tahiti, Samoa, Tonga, New Zealand and Hawaii, which will be presented while guests dine on a feast that is inspired by the flavors of Polynesia.
The themed island feast is served family-style, and will feature chicken drumsticks, pork, fresh catch of the day, Polynesian Island rice, fresh sauteed seasonal vegetables, dinner rolls and a Volcano Dessert specialty. If you have special dietary requests they will be honored with a 24 hour advance notice by the guest. Beverages will include a bottomless beer, wine, tropical rum punch, sodas, coffee and tea. Other alcoholic beverages may be purchased from the full bar separetely. Dress is casual and shorts are ok at this show.
'Ohana restaurant is located on the second
level of the Great Ceremonial House.
It is open
for breakfast (Ohana's Best Friends Breakfast featuring Lilo & Stitch) from 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and for
dinner from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. (with last dinner
seating at 9:40pm). The Polynesian's tropical setting is the perfect match for Lilo and Stitch. These loveable characters are joined by Mickey and Pluto in visiting you while you dine. Have your camera ready to capture every smile.
Dinner at 'Ohana is an interactive experience where all of the other guests are your "cousins". Don't be surprised to see a coconut race going on! Meals are prepared in a huge open-pit. The delicious offerings here include long skewers of fire roasted grilled meats with specialties like Hawaiian Chicken, Cajun Jumbo Shrimp, Mesquite Beef Tenderloin, and Turkey Tenderloin, as well as fresh seafood of the day. The dessert of pineapple and caramel sauce is to die for!
The Kona Café offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast includes the famous Tonga Toast, fresh fruit and juices, Eggs Benedict and a host of other delicious offerings. For lunch, an assortment of soups, salads and sandwiches can be topped off with yummy desserts like Ko Ko Puffs, Turtle Brownie Tarts or Haupia Strawberry Shortcake. A variety of fresh fish dishes, pastas such as Sesame Chicken Fettucini, Prime Rib and Barbecued Shrimp are some of the culinary delights that are offered on the dinner menu. Some of the best coffee on property can also be found here in the restaurant and just outside it at the coffee stand.
Cook's is a snack bar located on the first
floor of the Great Ceremonial House and is open
24 hours a day (however the grill closes at 11pm).
Here you'll find sandwiches,
flatbreads, salads and a self-serve Dole Whip machine.
Full room service is available from 6:30 a.m. to midnight.
For breakfast, fill out the card found in your room, and hang it on the doorknob outside before retiring for the night. From 11:30 a.m. to midnight, salads, hot sandwiches, appetizers and hamburgers are offered. For dinner, from 5 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., appetizers, barbecued ribs, sweet and sour chicken dishes, shrimp and pasta, pork tenderloin, filet mignon, steak and desserts are offered.
The Tambu Lounge is a great place to relax and unwind after a busy day in the parks with a tall, cool drink.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Never Land Club is open from 4:00 p.m. to midnight and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children ages 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Coin Operated Laundry facilities
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs (at Captain Cook's)
- Bell Services
- Free Wireless Internet
- Poolside Bar
- ATM Machine
- Valet Parking free to Resort guests
- Complimentary Newspaper Delivery
Bou-tiki (Disney clothing, resort wear, Polynesian style gifts, souvenirs)
Samoa Snacks (Sodas, liquor, snacks, sundries)
Trader Jack's (souvenirs)
Wyland Galleries of Florida (sea-themed art by Robert Wyland)
Disney's Polynesian Resort is on the Monorail
route and the station is located on the second
floor of the great Ceremonial House. The Resort
monorail stops at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
and Spa, Magic Kingdom Park, Disney's Contemporary
Resort and the Ticket and Transportation Center
Magic Kingdom Park: Take the monorail or the boat launch.
Epcot: You must transfer at the Ticket & Transportation Center to get on a separate monorail that travels to Epcot. There is a walkway to the Ticket & Transportation Center that is just a short walk from the Tahiti and the Rapa Nui longhouses.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take the bus marked "Disney's Hollywood Studios"
Disney's Animal Kingdom: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island and Typhoon Lagoon: Guests can take the Downtown Disney bus from the stop in front of the Great Ceremonial House. After 4 p.m., those wishing to go to Downtown Disney Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney Marketplace or Downtown Disney West Side, must take a bus from the Ticket & Transportation Center.
Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: Take the bus marked "Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach"
When exiting the lobby from the Great Ceremonial House, you will find the bus stop across the driveway from the valet stand. Water taxis will take guests to the Magic Kingdom Park or Disney's Grand Floridian Resort.
- VIDEO: Holiday Storytellers - The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs - New to Holidays Around The World 2013 at Epcot in 2013 are the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs. The Canadian Holiday Voyageurs play multiple sets each day filled with Christmas songs done the Canadian way on the Mill Stage.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Jonathan Groff from FROZEN
- Guests at All Star Resorts will no longer receive Key to the World cards - As of 12/2/13, guests at All Star Sports Resort will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in. This will begin at All Star Music on 12/4/13 and at All Star Movies on 12/6/13. This system is already in place at Pop Century.
- VIDEO: it's a small world Holiday Full POV Ride-Through - The happiest cruise that ever sailed gets even merrier for the holidays. it's a small world, the 1964 World's Fair attraction that came to Disneyland in 1966, gets a full overlay for the holiday season including decorations and a new soundtrack!
- Atlanta Braves spring training tickets now on sale - The Atlanta Braves return to ESPN Wide World of Sports for their annual spring training. Tickets are first come/first served and the games take place at Champion Stadium.
- Blog - Give Kids the World Village and Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- VIDEO: Gran Fiesta Tour POV Ride-Through - Donald Duck disappears on his way to a Three Caballeros performance in Mexico City and his friends, José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, set out to search for him.
- Blog - Brewing Now: Joffrey’s Disney Parks Collection of Coffees
- Blog - A Brit’s Perspective – Visiting the UK in Orlando
- Specialty food and drink offered for holidays at Epcot - New this holiday season, each country will be serving a specialty food and drink.
- New bus loop at Magic Kingdom open - In addition to regular single stops, there are several double stops that will accommodate two regular buses or one of the new articulated buses.
- Limited Time Magic: Donate a Duffy the Disney Bear to Toys for Tots - Visit the Once Upon a Toy store or the World of Disney store at Downtown Disney and with every $5 purchase, Disney will donate a Duffy the Disney Bear toy to Toys for Tots.
- Limited Time Magic: Jolly Year of the Ear - Celebrate the season in style with Santa Mickey and Minnie Santa ear hats - only available for a short time at the Emporium at Magic Kingdom.
- Times and dates for Epcot holiday storytellers - Each country has its own special theme that highlights its culture. Storytellers will delight you with tales of their heritage and how the holidays are celebrated in their homeland.
- VIDEO: "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen in Celebrate the Magic - This holiday season, "Let It Go" from Disney's Frozen is featured in Celebrate the Magic, the nighttime projection show on Cinderella Castle.
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Plaza - Cinderella Castle November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Happy Thanksgiving from the Magic Kingdom!
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street U.S.A. Bridge - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Blog - Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom: Turnstile-Free!
- New holiday entertainment for the Canada pavilion at Epcot - Follow the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs on a musical tour to discover the country's holiday customs.
- Blog - Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights 101
- Royal Caribbean is offering a $200 Onboard Credit and 50% Reduced Deposit! - The offer is only available for booking on December 2, 3 and 4, 2013.
- Disney Vacation Club members offered event at Splitsville Luxury Lanes - On December 2 and 9 from 5-6:45pm, the experience will include bowling, shoe rental, a shared appetizer, an entree (or kids' meal), a signature beverage and a special DVC gift.
- Several rehabs added for early 2014 - The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Festival of the Lion King, Kali River Rapids, and the Studio Backlot Tour have all been added to the rehab list.
- Aulani named Best for Families by Fodor's Travel - Aulani was recently named "Best for Families" by Fodor's Travel in their "Top 10 Hawaiian Resorts for 2013" list.
- Blog - Review: “Frozen”
- VIDEO: Disney Park Bench - Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A. - Take 5 Minutes to Relax at Main Street Train Station - Main Street U.S.A., November 11, 2013 - Night
- Limited Time Magic: Thanksgiving Treats Available - Special treats will be available at various locations in the theme parks.
- New Year's Eve dining info for Swan and Dolphin Hotels - The restaurants of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin will be offering special New Year's Eve menus.
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholders can save up to 37% at select hotels - Discount is valid for travel between 1/4/14-3/18/14, 3/14/14-3/29/14, 1/19/14-3/13/14 and 3/30/14-4/12/14.
- Blog - Why I’m excited to take my baby on a Disney Cruise!
- Limited Time Magic: Jingle Cruise poster giveaway - Celebrate the Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Park with a complimentary mini poster while supplies last.
- Several rehabs scheduled for the Magic Kingdom - Among the closings are The Plaza Restaurant, Pinocchio Village Haus, Tomorrowland Transit Authority People Mover, Barnstormer, and the Liberty Square Riverboat.
- Blog - Disney’s Newest Animated Feature “Frozen” Flurries Into Theme Parks On Both Coasts
- The Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special to return? - Rumors are that the popular holiday version of The Comedy Warehouse will be returning to Hollywood Studios this year.
- Blog - EXCLUSIVE: Nikon becomes the Official Camera of Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- VIDEO: Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2013 - What happens when you combine one 30,000 pound, 65 foot tree, one 40 foot star, 5500 twinkling lights, 430 feet of garland, 325 ornaments, 275 feet of strung popcorn, 400 flickering candles, 135 candy canes, 100 gingerbread cookies and the Disney Characters? Why, you have the perfect recipe for Christmas at the Magic Kingdom!
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Photography - Creative photos from Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Christmas dining options for Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Christmas menus.
- Thanksgiving dining options at Walt Disney World - All restaurants on property will be open as normal, but some are serving special Thanksgiving menus.
- New looks available for the holidays at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique - Now through 1/3/14, little girls can choose from a Frozen Package or a Holiday Minnie Package.
- Santa Claus comes to Downtown Disney - At the Marketplace, you'll find Santa Claus waiting to greet you at his chalet in front of the World of Disney store.
- VIDEO: Josh Gad - Voice of Olaf in "Frozen" - Interview - Josh Gad, the voice of Olaf in "Frozen" and "World of Color - Winter Dreams" and Tony Award nominee for "The Book of Mormon", takes a few minutes to talk about how important it was to work on a Disney film that led to a theme park experience and the music behind it all.
- All guests at Pop Century will now use MagicBands - As of 11/14/13, guests at Pop Century will no longer receive a Key to the World card. All information for the resort and parks will be on the Magic Band you receive when you check in.
- WestJet debuts Sorcerer Mickey plane
- Seaworld Orlando's Shamu show closes for 3 months
- Barenaked Ladies cancels SeaWorld concert due to animal rights issue
- 12-year-old girl protests SeaWorld parade float
- SeaWorld plans several events for early 2014
- Guest credit card info stolen by Universal Orlando employee
- Christmas festivities taking place at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another Disney executive retires
- Performer lineup for SeaWorld's Bands, Brew and BBQ
- Top ranked dishes from the Epcot Food & Wine Festival
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 9:30
11:00 - 9:30
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 6:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Magic Kingdom