Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Wilderness Lodge address
901 Timberline Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Check In: 3:00pm | Check Out: 11:00am
Number of Rooms: 725 plus 181 Villas as part of Disney Vacation Club
Maximum persons per room: 4 (2 if booking a King room)
Room size: 340 Sq Ft.
Charge for 3rd and 4th guest: $25 per night / per guest
Credit Cards accepted: Disney Gift Card, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB
Disney's Wilderness Lodge Overview
From its opening day in 1994, Disney's Wilderness Lodge has been a guest favorite. The resort was inspired by turn-of-the-century National Parks
Service lodges and was designed by architect Peter Dominick, Jr - the same architect responsible for Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Grand Californian Resort and Spa at the Disneyland resort in California. The lakeside lodge is an 8 story,
log-structured building whose centerpiece is the cavernous and awe-inspiring lobby. A massive 82
foot tall, three-sided stone fireplace is surrounded by
rustic-looking, wooden rocking chairs.
tepee chandeliers hang overhead and two 55 foot high totem
poles stand guard at the entrance. The multi-colored
flooring was inspired by Northwest Indian designs.
grand fireplace in the lobby is a recreation of the strata
of the Grand Canyon. Over 100 colors in hues of green, magenta, buff,
red, black and brown are visible, as are fossilized remains
of prehistoric plant and animal life. From the Vishnu Schist to Bass Limestone to Tapeats
Sandstone to the Redwall and Temple Butte Limestone and
finally ending with Kaibab Limestone and Toroweap Formation,
the fireplace represents 2 billion years of the time it
took for the layers of rock to form.
Disney's Wilderness Lodge offers different kinds of accommodations to suit different tastes and needs. There are regular guest rooms, bunk-bed rooms, Deluxe rooms (club level), Honeymoon Rooms, the Yosemite Suite (Vice-Presidential) and the Yellowstone Suite (Presidential). Wilderness Lodge is also home to the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge - part of the Disney Vacation Club (Disney's timeshare service). While villas rooms are usually for DVC members , Disney also rents them out as hotel rooms, but we strongly suggest you consider 'renting' points from DVC members. This is done thorugh the DVC Rent/Trade board on DISBoards.com, or via Davids Vacation Rentals.
Most of the 725 guest rooms are 340 square feet in
size and have 2 queen size beds (or one king-sized bed),
writing table with 3 chairs, armoire, television, wall mirror,
telephone, nightstand, small key-operated safe, 2 luggage
racks, floor lamp, hair dryer, and clock radio. A mini-fridge is also located in each room. There
are 2 sinks with a mirror in a vanity area separate from
the tub and commode. All guest rooms have complimentary WiFi for internet service.
Some rooms are available with a king-sized bed. These may be handicapped accessible with a wheelchair-accessible shower in place of a tub. There are also rooms available with a set of bunk beds and a queen-sized bed.
Deluxe rooms are another alternative available here. These are two room suites comprised of a sitting room and a large bedroom. The bedrooms may have 2 queen size beds or one king-sized bed. The sofa in the living room is a sleeper sofa. Also found in the suite is a television, wet bar, small fridge, table with 2 chairs, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron and ironing board. Deluxe rooms are approximately 500 square feet.
Photo below are of a Deluxe Room.
Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
feature large living areas, with beautiful views of the
neighboring woodlands, or of the pool area. Three types
of accommodations are available here: Studios, One-Bedroom
Suites, and Two-Bedroom Suites.
Deluxe Studio: The Studio offers a queen-sized bed, nightstand, wet bar, armoire, TV and ceiling fan, in a 356 square foot room. Full bathrooms have ceramic tiled floors and storage area in the vanity under the sink. The kitchenette area includes an under-the-counter refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and wet bar. A start-up supply of coffee is provided in addition to coffee mugs, glasses, bowls and plates, and cutlery. The picturesque view can be enjoyed from the private balcony or patio. Handicapped accessible rooms are available here. TIP: If you are a DVC member staying here, there is not daily maid service, and the coffee supply is for one day only. Additional coffee may be brought from home or purchased in the Disney's Wilderness Lodge Mercantile. Note that this applies only to DVC members, non-members staying at this resort receive daily maid service and the supply will be refilled daily. Studios can sleep 4 adults.
One-Bedroom Suite: In the One-Bedroom units, you will find a master suite with a king size bed and master bath complete with a large tub and hair dryer. The unit has a spacious living area, fully equipped kitchen, laundry room (with full-sized washer and dryer), and a private patio or balcony. The bathroom has an extra large shower. The living area has a queen size sleeper sofa, coffee table, end table, TV, VCR, dining table with 4 chairs and an island work area that separates the living area from the kitchen. The fully stocked kitchen features a full size refrigerator, stove, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, and kettle. The kitchen cupboards are stocked with dinnerware, flatware and glassware service for 8. For cooking you will find a serving platter, vegetable bowl, salad serving bowl, pitcher, 8 piece cookware set (pots, pans, and lids), colander, casserole dishes, mixing bowls, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, cookie sheet, paring knife, cook's knife, whisk, tongs, vegetable peeler, and pot holders. To help make clean up easier, dish soap, dishwashing detergent, linens, a vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board, a single load box of laundry detergent, a broom and dustpan are supplied. French doors from the living area and the master suite lead out onto the private patio or balcony, where it makes breakfast on the patio while admiring the view a real treat. A small safe is included to keep your valuables secure. An average One-Bedroom unit is 727 square feet and can accommodate 4 adults and a child under the age of 3 in a crib. TIP: Don't forget to bring the bubble bath for the whirlpool!
Two-Bedroom Suites: The Two-Bedroom units consist of a One-Bedroom Suite and a Deluxe Studio with the adjoining door opened between them. The average Two-Bedroom Suite is 1,080 square feet and can accommodate 8 adults plus a child under the age of 3 in a crib. Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
If there are more than 2 adults over the age of 18 in the
same room, there is an additional charge of $25 per person, per night.
Casual dining at Disney's Wilderness Lodge can be found at
Fork Snacks and Arcade, which is a counter service
option to dining. Open
from 6 a.m. until midnight, here you will find breakfast,
hamburgers and other grill items, specialty sandwiches, salads,
fruit, healthy snacks, pizza, dessert, beer and non-alcoholic
the name suggests, there is also an arcade.
Dinner is served nightly from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. and features Pacific Northwest cuisine. Some of the specialties are cedar-planked salmon, fresh seafood, steak, lamb, pork, wild game appetizers, fresh breads, regional vegetables, and specialty desserts. Wine flights are also offered here. Priority Seating is recommended.
Unlike typical Disney character meals, the waiters at the Whispering Canyon Cafe provide the entertainment and there are crazy antics and lots of good old-fashioned fun. The Whispering Canyon Cafe is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Breakfast hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. All-you-can-eat skillet breakfasts are served as well as a la carte items. Lunch hours are from noon to 3 p.m. and a family skillet dinner is served on a lazy-susan. An a la carte menu that includes sandwiches and salads is also available at lunchtime. Hours for dinner are 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. An all-you-can-eat family style skillet dinner featuring barbecued beef, chicken, spare ribs, sausage and smoked turkey is offered. Meats are smoked on the premises. Priority Seating is recommended.
The Territory Lounge is open Monday to Friday from 4 p.m. to midnight, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3 p.m. to midnight and serves the resorts own micro-brewed beer, drinks, wines, specialty coffees. From 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. appetizers are also available.
The Cubs Den is the childrens activity center at the Wilderness Lodge and is open from 4:30PM to 12 midnight. Children must be between the ages of 3 and 12, and potty trained. There is a charge of $15 per hour per child. Activities with the kids are supervised by trained and certified staff and the evening includes dinner and a late snack.
A wide variety of games and activities are held daily at the main pool. The Silver Springs Pool Party takes place each day at 2pm, and games such as 'Giant Board Games', Disney Trivia, and Rubber Ducky Scramble are just some of what's available each day.
Movies under the Stars takes place each night at dusk on the shores of Bay Lake. Check your information packet after check in for specific times and movies. In the event of inclement weather, the movie is usually shown in the train room at the Wilderness Lodge Villas.
Buttons and Bells Game Arcade has a wide variety of video games to suit most age groups. The arcade uses the Arcade Card system where points are purchased and then redeemed by swiping the card each time you want to play a game. Cards can be recharged and used in any arcade on Disney property and points never expire.
The Silver Creek Springs Pool appears to be "spring fed" from the hot spring originating in the lobby. Afternoon recreational water activities are offered daily. Lifeguards are on duty here from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and the pool is open from 7 a.m. to midnight. Swimming aids are allowed only in the shallow end of the pool. A water slide, kiddie pool and two spas, (one is hot and the other cooler), are found in the main pool area. In the cooler season, the pool is heated to 82º. Towels are provided at the pool to the right of the Trout Pass poolside bar. There is a sandy beach on the shore of Bay Lake, but swimming there is limited to a roped off wading area.
Teton Boat and Bike Rentals is where a variety of water craft can be rented by the half hour . Boats rented here can travel around Bay Lake and into Seven Seas Lagoon, past the Magic Kingdom, Contemporary Resort, Grand Floridian and Polynesian. If you want to experience the best way to see Wishes fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, fireworks cruises depart from this marina as well. It is strongly recommended that you arrange for these cruises well in advance of your visit as they are very popular and sell out quickly. Fireworks cruises can be booked up to 180 days in advance. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent to arrange your reservation, or contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
Wilderness Back Trail Adventure Segway tour is conducted Tuesdays thru Saturdays . This segway tour takes you around Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground. Ask your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent for more information or call 407-WDW-TOUR for reservations.
The 'Wonders of the Lodge Art and Architecture' tour is conducted Wednesday - Saturday at 9AM in the main lobby and is free of charge. The tour highlights the various art work and architecture styles that make up the resort.
The Sturdy Branches Health Club is located on the first floor just inside the Villas section of the resort. 24 hour access is provided by using your Key to the World Card.
Guided Fishing Excursions are available at the Wilderness Lodge. Reservations can be made as little as 24 hours in advance or as much as 90 days in advance. Your Dreams Unlimited Travel agent can make these reservations for you, or you can contact 407-WDW-PLAY.
The Electrical Water Pagent takes place every night on Bay Lake. This time honored Disney tradition is decidely 'low tech' but very enjoyable and can be seen from the beach along Bay Lake behind the Silver Springs Pool. Times and information are provided in your check in packet at the hotel.
Transportation to the Magic Kingdom is available via boat launch behind the Silver Springs Pool (to the left of Fire Rock Geyser). Buses are provided to all theme parks and Downtown Disney. Bus service runs approximately every 20 minutes.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
- Disney's CEO Bob Iger honored as CEO of the Year by Chief Executive magazine
- Trattoria al Forno to replace Cat Cora's Kouzzina at Disney World
- Technical glitch causes Universal's Transformers ride to stall
- Report: Monorail evacuated after lightning strike
- Military resource support group launches for Disney cast members
- Magic Kingdom guest got tips of fingers cut off on Pirates of the Caribbean
- Elizabeth Mitchell cast on Once Upon A Time
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom