Disney's Yacht Club Resort
1700 Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL
Maximum persons per room: 5 (plus child in crib)
Total Number of rooms: 1213 (combined with Beach Club)
Price per night: $289 - $2,040
Room size: 381 Sq Ft.Check in 3pm - out 11am
Disney's Yacht Club ResortWhen Walt Disney World was looking for an architect to design the Yacht Club, they found the perfect candidate in noted architect, Robert A. M. Stern. Stern was known for his designs of East Coast seaside homes and he brought his expertise of the New England seashore hotels of the late 1800's to the Yacht Club. Unlike the casual atmosphere of its sister resort, the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has more of a quiet, understated elegance about it. This sophistication is found in the dark hardwood floors, leather couches and antique chandeliers of the lobby. The nautical theme is enhanced with brass fixtures and rich millwork. The exterior of the stately Yacht Club is of gray and white clapboard. The East Coast seaside theme is prominent in this area with a lighthouse at the end of the Yacht and Beach Club dock and the Boardwalk that circles Crescent Lake.
The DIS Unplugged is a weekly trip planning podcast with unbiased advice on getting the most from your next Disney vacation. Each week our team of Disney experts tells you what's new, what's good, and what's not-so-good in the world of Disney. New shows are released every Wednesday and can be found at disunplugged.com!
Yacht Club Review— May 2nd, 2012
Pete Werner, Walter Echols and Dustin West have their review of Disney's Yacht Club Resort.
There are 20 suites and 71 concierge suites for those who prefer a little luxury with their vacation. Some of the suites include a lavishly furnished sitting room area and separate bedroom with a king sized bed. The large bathroom includes a hot tub, a vanity area, a television and a walk-in shower.
Concierge suites are all located on the fifth floor, which is only accessible with a private key-card. The regular concierge suite is very much like a regular guest room with respect to size and furnishings. But concierge amenities include television speakers in the bathroom, robes, a hairdryer, makeup mirror, and a nightly deluxe turndown service. Concierge service includes use of the concierge lounge and concierge staff for private check-in and check-out, to make dining Priority Seatings, plan outings, answering questions, ticket purchases, transportation arrangements, and filling requests for special dining or accommodation needs. The concierge lounge is also found on the fifth floor. Here you'll find a complimentary continental breakfast from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. From 10 a.m. until 3 p.m., you can watch a Disney video and munch on cookies and milk. A wine and cheese bar is available between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. And from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., cordials and delicious desserts are here to tempt you.
Murphy Rooms: "Murphy" or "King Standard" rooms include a king sized bed that could fold up into the wall. A small sitting area has a love seat and coffee table, a small table with 2 chairs, sink, counter top and a double sink inside a full bathroom. While the room is smaller than the regular rooms, it is offered at a slightly lower nightly rate and is suitable for two adults. Resort guests have three views available to them at the Yacht Club. The Standard view of some of the guest rooms, is that of the parking lot or wooded areas around the resort. The Garden view is available for concierge level rooms and overlooks nicely landscaped areas such as the quiet pool or the wedding gazebo. Regular guest rooms or concierge level rooms can choose a water view of Crescent Lake. Be aware that in the regular rooms, this water view may not be a direct view. Check-in time at the Yacht Club is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Yacht Club Menus:
- Ale and Compass Lounge
- Beaches and Cream
- Crew's Cup Lounge
- Hurricane Hanna's Grille
- Captain's Grille
- Yachtsman Steakhouse
As is the case with the Beach Club, the Yacht Club has the luxury of a large variety of dining options within close proximity. Fine dining is offered at the restaurants at the Boardwalk Resorts, Swan and Dolphin hotels, and Beach Club, as well as Epcot's World Showcase restaurants. The Yacht Club has 2 excellent restaurants of its own in the Captain's Grille and the Yachtsman Steakhouse. As expected, a yachting theme is prominent in the Captain's Grille with models of yachts and brightly colored tabletops.
Formerly the Yacht Club Galley. The nautical colors in this restaurant add charm to its New England style. It is open for breakfast and lunch. Breakfast is served from 7:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. From 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., lunch is offered. New England Clam Chowder, Black Bay Crab Cakes, a multitude of salads, and hot and cold sandwiches are available in addition to pasta, ribs, chicken, fish, steak and the catch of the day. Click Here for the menu.
The elegant Yachtsman Steakhouse is the Yacht Club's signature restaurant and is a steak-lover's delight. Open only for dinner, the Yachtsman Steakhouse serves from 5:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. A glassed-in kitchen allows guests to watch their entrees being prepared. The House Specialties include prime cuts of aged beef such as Prime Rib, Filet Mignon, Porterhouse steak, and Chateaubriand for two. Chicken, chops, lobster, tuna, and mahi mahi are offered as well. Click Here for the menu.
Room service is available 24 hours a day and an extensive menu is offered for breakfast, lunch and dinner, including specialty pizzas, and fruit, vegetable, cheese or nacho platters for late night snacks.
The Yacht Club shares the best pool complex on property with the Beach Club, Stormalong Bay. This is like a mini-water park and there are many areas to explore. The waterslide is housed in a shipwreck and empties out into the larger pool area. There is an area with pulsating water jets and a lazy river where you can float along the current in inner tubes. One of the most unique features of Stormalong Bay is the sandy bottom of the pool. There are several secluded spas around the complex as well as a kiddie pool complete with a mini-water slide. The popularity of Stormalong Bay with non-resort guests prompted Disney to surround the complex with a fence that is guarded by Cast Members checking resort IDs. Only Yacht and Beach Club guests and DVC members can use Stormalong Bay. A small beach shack rents tubes and pool noodles and distributes pool towels.
There is also a quiet pool at the far end of the resort near the Dolphin and pool towels are available here too. There is a sandy beach on Crescent Lake, but swimming is not allowed.
If swimming isn't the only "water sport" on your agenda, you can rent water mice, sailboats, pontoon boats, canopy boats, hydra-bikes or pedal boats or book a fishing excursion.
The Ship Shape Health Club offers a more physical workout alternative. Guests pay to use the latest in fitness equipment such as Lifecircuit, Nautilus, Lifestep, Lifecycle, Liferower, Gravitron, Nordic Track, Stair Master, treadmill, free weights, steam room, sauna, whirlpool or massage.
Picturesque Crescent Lake and the area resorts provide the backdrop for those who prefer a jog around the 2.5 mile Boardwalk promenade. If tennis is your game, two lighted tennis courts are offered along with complimentary equipment for those guests in need. If after all of this you still have time on your hands, play beach volleyball, lawn bowling , croquet or play in the Lafferty Place Arcade.
- Babysitting/Childcare Services: The Sandcastle Club is open from 5 p.m. to midnight, and offers entertainment, dining and fun for children aged 4 to 12.
- Valet Service Cleaning
- Express Check-out
- Refillable Mugs at Hurricane Hanna's
- Bell Services
- Poolside bar at Stormalong Bay
- Valet Parking
- Complimentary Local Newspaper
- ATM machine
- Shops: Fittings and Fairings Clothes and Notions (clothing, sundries and character merchandise)
- Voice Mail
- Free Wireless Internet
- Beauty/Barber Shop
- Data port Link
- 2 Pools, 4 spas, sauna
- Exercise Facility
- 2 Tennis Courts
- Children Activities
- Marina, Beaches
- Game Room
- 4 Restaurants, 2 Lounges
- Hair Styling Salon
- Beach Volleyball Court
Magic Kingdom: Take the bus from the front of the resort. Bus service is shared by the Beach Club, and Boardwalk Resorts as well. A leisurely, but more scenic, alternative is to walk through Epcot and take the Monorail to the TTC (don't forget to ask the attending Cast Member if you can sit up front with the driver) and switch to the Magic Kingdom Monorail from the TTC.
Epcot: If it's too hot to walk or if you simply want to conserve your energy, take the Friendship boat launch. But take note that the launch also stops at the Swan/Dolphin and the Boardwalk Resorts docks so the trip to Epcot could take up to 20 minutes.
Disney's Hollywood Studios: Take a separate Friendship launch. As with the Epcot launch, service is shared with the other Crescent Lake resorts. Once again, this trip can take up to 20 minutes.
Animal Kingdom/Blizzard Beach: Buses will transport guests to these parks. However in addition to the Y & BC guests, the bus also makes stops at the Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin hotels.
Downtown Disney Marketplace, Downtown Disney West Side, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon: The buses marked "Downtown Disney" will take you there. For those wishing to go anywhere else on (or off) property, Bell Services can get a taxi for you.
For groups requiring meeting facilities, the Yacht and Beach Club offers a 52,000 square foot convention center with a state-of-the-art sound and lighting system. The Harbour Ballroom is over 36,000 square feet and can accommodate 2,800 guests. With 21 breakout rooms, a business center, satellite up/down link capabilities, vast exhibit capabilities, and comprehensive meeting support, the Yacht and Beach Club conference facility is a very attractive location for businesses. Custom-made merchandise can be ordered for conferences and/or meetings held in WDW Resorts. For more information on this, call the Specialty Merchandising Department at (407)363-6433.
- Changes coming to Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It Street Party? - An update is rumored for this parade later this year, possibly around October. Possible changes are new music; Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Donald moving to the top of the floats; and Stitch joining the fun. Sebastian, Lumiere, and The Mad Hatter will leave the parade.
- During pool rehab, Polynesian guests will have free admission to Blizzard Beach - Originally, the resort guests were just going to be given one-day tickets to the water park, but that has been changed. They will now have complimentary unlimited admission to Blizzard Beach during their stay at the Polynesian.
- List of restaurants participating in the 2015 Disney Dining Plan - This list will be updated as more restaurants are added. Epcot and Downtown Disney restaurants don't normally finalize their participation until later in the year.
- 2015 Magic Your Way Disney World packages released! - A Walt Disney World package is a resort room and theme park admission. The Disney Dining Plan may also be added.
- Happy 15th Birthday to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith! - The attraction originally opened its doors at Disneyís Hollywood Studios on July 29, 1999.
- Victoria & Albert's will no longer accept Tables in Wonderland - This begins August 1, 2014.
- Summertime Pals Ink & Paint Cel release - This limited release will be available at the event, or pre-order by September 25 at 5:00pm EST.
- Haunted Mansion merchandise shop coming to Magic Kingdom - The former Yankee Trader shop will become a Haunted Mansion merchandise location in the near future. The decor will be inspired by Madame Leota and will carry items from the Haunted Mansion Authentic program, such as apparel, home goods, souvenirs and more.
- Merchandise Events and Artist Appearances/Signings for August - List of authors and artists coming to the theme parks for signings and merchandise releases.
- List of characters updated for Villains Unleashed! event - Over 50 Disney villains will be taking over the park until the 13th hour!
- Beginning today, PhotoPass print packages are no longer offered table-side at character meals - This includes Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, 'Ohana, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show and Tusker House Restaurant.
- Disney Visa cardholders can book Food & Wine Festival events early - Disney Visa cardholders can book special events two days earlier than the general public - on July 29 and July 30 from 7:00am-11:00pm EST.
- Tables in Wonderland adds blackout dates for several restaurants - The Tables in Wonderland program offers Florida Residents, DVC members and Annual Passholders 20% off of all food and beverage purchases at the participating Disney restaurants.
- Information on Holiday sleigh rides at Fort Wilderness - This horse-drawn "sleigh" ride is a fun way to celebrate the season.
- Marketplace menus for Epot International Food & Wine Festival - List of menu items for the marketplaces set up around World Showcase.
- Rehab planned in November for Magic Carpets of Aladdin - The Magic Kingdom attraction will be closed 11/10 - 11/21/2014.
- Food & Wine Festival Special Dining Experiences released - Bookings for these experiences begin July 31.
- 10 Places to Wait Out a Thunderstorm at Walt Disney World
- Disney Castaway Cay Challenge added to Princess Half Marathon Weekend - Runners who are registered for any of the Disney races (5K or longer) during the Weekend have the option to complete the Disney Castaway Cay Challenge when sailing on the Disney Dream February 23-27.
- Fantasia Miniature Golf Course rehab planned off and on for the next two weeks - Gardens Course closed 7/22-7/25/2014, 7/28-8/1/2014, 8/4-8/8/2014. The Fairways will still be open.
- Blog - I Can Go The Distance: Deciding is one thing, registering is another
- Save up to 30% on a Room Only reservation at Walt Disney World! - Valid for stays most nights 10/4/14 - 11/25/14 and 11/29/14 - 12/23/14.
- 2015 WDW hotel discount released for U.S. Military - Valid for stays most nights 9/28/14 - 10/3/15.
- All 3 remaining weekends sold out for Harambe Nights - July 26, August 2 and August 9 are sold out.
- Annual passholder discount for Spice Road Table - Through 9/17/14, Annual Passholders can get a 30% discount on their bill.
- 2015 Military Ticket Discount info released - Members of the military can purchase 4-day Magic Your Way tickets with Park Hopper option for $177 each.
- Changes to reservation times for Wishes Dessert Party - Reservations are all being set for 6:00pm, no matter when Wishes is taking place. The dessert party will actually take place one hour before Wishes.
- Frozen Summer Fun Premium package is sold out for all remaining dates - This package gives guests at Frozen Summer Fun Live reserved viewing for several events.
- Wild by Design tour to be discontinued after 9/26/14 - This tour takes place at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Fantasy Football Convention coming to ESPN Wide World of Sports - The convention will give attendees access to ESPN talent, a live fantasy football draft and more.
- Blog - Sneak Preview of What's Coming to the 2014 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- Dates and pricing released for ICE! at Gaylord Palms - Using two million pounds of ice, this Gaylord Palms Resort special ticket exhibit will be transformed into the North Pole.
- Blog - Disney's Magical Express Age Limit Changes: A Parent's & Teacher's Perspective
- Blog - Five Reasons Why We're Not Seeing "Planes: Fire & Rescue" in Theaters
- Blog updated - I Just Spent $20 on FastPasses! Would You? - The author has taken the tour she discussed in the blog - check out her thoughts to see if she would do this again!
- Blog - July 2014 Magic Kingdom Construction Update
- Information for Food & Wine Festival special dining experiences - book 7/31 - Premium events will be announced July 24 and can be booked on July 31 beginning at 7:00am EST. To book, call 407-WDW-FEST (939-3378).
- Princess Half Marathon fills in less than 24 hours - The Princess Half Marathon, the Princess Enchanted 10K and the Glass Slipper Challenge are sold out, filling less than 24 hours after registration opened.
- Dolphins at Epcot will be offstage through August 7 - Guests will not be able to see the dolphins at The Seas with Nemo & Friends. The Dolphins in Depth Tour will be unavailable during this time as well.
- Changes in parking due to Downtown Disney Remodel - Speeds in the area will be reduced, as well as lanes closed. Buena Vista Drive will be expanded to 10 lanes.
- Blog - Disney Responds to Disability Access Service Lawsuit
- Walt Disney World 2015 packages now available to book
- High-speed train will link Shanghai Disneyland to city
- "Clyde and Seamore Take Pirate Island" show cancelled at SeaWorld
- PBS plans Walt Disney biopic
- Release date set for 5th Pirates of the Caribbean film
- Man arrested at Typhoon Lagoon for molesting 4 teenage girls
- Standby line to be cut off in Anna and Elsa meet and greet
- Disney's second quarter injury report: 12-year-old boy cuts fingers on Pirates ride
- 30 years in prison for man who molested girl at SeaWorld
- Possible agreement reached between Disney and unions
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 11:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 10:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
9:00 - 8:00
Extra Magic Hours Morning: Animal Kingdom