Magic Kingdom - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
|Big Thunder Mountain||Tom Sawyer Island|
|Country Bear Jamboree||Restaurants and Shops|
|Splash Mountain||Shows and Events|
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Opened: November 15, 1980
Ride length: 3 minutes, 25 seconds
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Overview/History:
the midst of landscape designed to resemble Monument Valley sits the 197' butte that is the centerpiece of the
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Set during the gold rush
days in the flooded mine town of Tumbleweed, this runaway
mine car roller coaster features 20 Audio-animatronic figures
including donkeys, chickens, possums, and the rainmaker
himself, Professor Cumulus Isobar.
The authenticity is evident in the antique mining equipment found around the attraction and the smell of sulfur as you pass the phosphorescent pools and see the red eyes of the cave's inhabitants. Riders will also encounter falling rocks and an earthquake. The ride is geared more towards adults and teens and a height restriction of 40" is in effect. Parents may use the "switching off" option. Just under 4 minutes in length, riders will find themselves tossed side to side in the car.
Thrill seekers will prefer riding in the back of the train as it is more exciting than in the front. You really have to pay attention or you may miss the great scenery and attention paid to detail like the skeleton of the dinosaur built into the mountain. This is one of the Magic Kingdom's major attractions and lineups can be quite lengthy.
Be prepared: Queues wind through an old windowless clapboard building and the heat can be quite stifling during the hot summer months.
Handicapped Accessibility: Wheelchair guests must be able to transfer from their wheelchairs into the train in order to ride.
- Rotational Dining On the Disney Wish: Worlds of Marvel
- Buy Discount Tickets to Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Rotational Dining On the Disney Wish: 1923
- A First Look at the Disney Wish: The Grand Hall
- Launch Date and Name of Attraction Inspired by 'The Princess and The Frog' Revealed
- Flavors of Florida is Coming BACK to Disney Springs
- 3 of My Favorite Things From the Disney Wish Christening Ceremony
- Walt Disney World Accessibility Review: Remy's Ratatouille Adventure
- Moving to Orlando: Things To Avoid After Applying for a Home Loan
- A First Look at the Disney Wish: The Bayou Lounge
- FULL Lineup for Eat to the Beat Concert Series Released!
- Rotational Dining On the Disney Wish: Arendelle
- New Lightsabers Coming to Hollywood Studios SOON!
- A First Look at the Disney Wish: Marceline Market
- Disney Cruise Line Adds 8-Night Alaska Sailing in Summer 2023
- View More...
MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY