Walt Disney World Recreation Activities
Walt Disney World is more a theme park - it's a veritable playground, with something to appeal to everyone. For those looking for a more active vacation, there are plenty of options available too. Guests can take a dip in one of the many pools dotted around the resort, or enjoy a round of golf on one of the world-class courses. There are also a number of trails available for hiking and biking, and horseback riding is also an option.
specialty cruises feature premium viewing of the EPCOT or Magic Kingdom Fireworks.
Full service spa services are located throughout Disney World property.
Disney's Fort Wilderness Marina, Disney’s Port Orleans, Yacht/Beach Club, Disney's Boardwalk, Disney Springs Marketplace
Carriage rides, Hayrides, Horseback Riding, Halloween Haunted Carriage Ride, Holiday Sleigh Ride
Sports – ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
Disney Fitness Centers
of Disney’s Resorts have a fitness center. Guests
staying at these resorts can use the facility without
an additional fee being applied.
– Many of the resorts have dedicated trails for jogging, biking and walking.
Take a look at the maps of specific Disney Resorts
to see where they're located.
Disney Golf Courses
– Walt Disney World Resort has 4 outstanding championship golf courses (3 are on the PGA Tour) and a par-36 practice course, and the opportunity to try FootGolf at Disney’s Oak Trail FootGolf course.
- Miniature Golf Courses – Includes Fantasia Gardens and Winter Summerland.
– Take aim at the Bullseye at this Ft. Wilderness activity. Following instructions in the use of a compound bow, you'll take aim at the bullseye in the range target. The Archery Experience can be booked by calling (407) WDW-PLAY
. Upon arrival you check in at the Ft. Wilderness Bike Barn.
is provided by Craig Carroll's Cocoa Beach Surfing
School. Class sizes are limited to 14 guests
ages 8 and up.
Tennis Lessons – Clinics and private instruction at Walt Disney World Resort can be reserved by calling (321) 228-1146. Lessons are provided by Orlando Tennis Services, LLC and are available at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Tower, Saratoga Springs, and the Yacht & Beach Clubs. Equipment is provided.
– Parasailing, Waterskiing,
Wakeboarding, Jet Skiing, and Tubing activities are offered at select marinas around Walt Disney World including Disney's Contemporary Resort and Disney's Grand Floridian Resort Marinas. Guests looking to add recreation activities to their Walt Disney World vacation should call their Resort's front desk or (407) WDW-PLAY
for information about watercraft rentals, surfing programs, fishing excursions, and more.
Resort Marina Boat Rentals – The follwoing resorts allow guests to rent Sea Raycers, Boston Whaler Montauks, and SunTracker pontoon boats
at their resort marinas. Call (407) WDW-PLAY for pricing.