Star Wars Weekends - Join the Rebellion
May 16-18, 23-25, 30 - June 1, 6-8, 13-15, 2014
- A fifth Weekend has been added - June 13-15.
- Symphony in the Stars fireworks will take place each night of the event.
- The Hyperspace Hoopla party will no longer take place. There will be a "nightly curtain call moment" with several of the Star Wars characters
- James Arnold Taylor will return as the celebrity host.
Star Wars Weekends at Disney's Hollywood Studios
There are costumed characters available for photo ops. Just be warned, there are also diehard fans who dress up for this. While I'm sure that most of them won't mind posing for pictures, they won't be the 'real thing.' (How they walk around in Florida in June in 1,000 degree temps in full Star Wars regalia is beyond me, but I digress.)
The daily parade features celebrity guests from a Star Wars movie. There are also members of the local Star Wars fan club. (Some of their costumes are pretty impressive.)
As the name implies, Stars Wars Weekends takes place Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A regular Disney's Hollywood Studios admission is all that's needed to attend this event.
The centerpiece of this celebration is the Star Tours attraction.
More than 60 characters will be there representing all six of the Star Wars films: Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Guests will have opportunities to meet Star Wars characters. (NOTE: These are characters, not the actors who portrayed them.)
There's a little known Jedi Knight who always makes appearances; none other than Mickey Mouse himself. He's a cutie with his scaled down light saber. Definitely a great photo op.
There will be scheduled interviews of the celebrities and creative forces involved in Stars Wars. Click here for the list.
The “Jedi Training Academy” began with this event and has now become a permanent part of Disney's Hollywood Studios entertainment. No doubt it will be considerably busier during this event.
Guests 12 and under can test their Star Wars knowledge when they appear in front of the Jedi Council at the Padawan Mind Challenge.
Behind the Force lets you see what went into the making of the Star Wars movies.
A Galaxy of merchandise will be on display and available for purchase at "Darth's Mall," designed just for Star Wars Weekends. There will be event-exclusive merchandise including limited edition pins as well as Vinylmations, posters, clothing, and other items that commemorate this special occasion. You can even get a nametag with your name written in Aurebesh, a Star Wars alphabet. My advice, get there early as they can sell out.
At the end of each day's events, Hyperspace Hoopla brings fans and the Star Wars characters together for a fun conclusion to the activities. - This has been cancelled for 2014.
2014 - James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein will be the celebrity host for all 4 weekends.
You must have a FASTPASS ticket to receive an autograph.
May 17-19, 2013
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
- Dee Bradley Baker (Captain Rex - The Clone Wars)
May 24-26, 2013
- Ray Park (Darth Maul)
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Jim Cummings (Hondo Ohnaka - The Clone Wars)
May 31 - June 2, 2013
- Warwick Davis (Ewok, Wicket W. Warrick)
- Tim Rose (Admiral Ackbar)
- Sam Witwer (Darth Maul - The Clone Wars)
June 7-9, 2013
- Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
- Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
- Tom Kane (Yoda - The Clone Wars)
Guest appearances subject to change without notice.
Disney's FASTPASS Service will be used for all Autograph sessions during Star Wars Weekends. A limited number of FASTPASS tickets are available. You will pick up your ticket with a scheduled autograph return time. You are free to enjoy the park until your FASTPASS autograph return time. At your designated time return to the autograph location. Each guest must be present to receive a FASTPASS. Once the tickets for an actor are gone, Disney will distribute a limited number of stand by tickets with a return time. See park guide for more details.
2013 Characters that may appear during the Weekends.
Rebel Rendezvous - Thursday, May 15, 2014
Disney's Hollywood Studios from 10:00am - 5:00pm
Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public. Merchandise available will include a limited edition recruitment pack with items like a custom messenger bag, cadet hat, tumbler, lanyard, pin and medal set; opportunity to purchase select 2014 Star Wars Weekends merchandise; special meet and greets with characters and Disney artists.
Registration begins 3/4/14 at 1:00pm EST at www.DisneyParksMerchandise.com.
- Autograph Sessions throughout the day
- Motorcade at 11:00am
- Celebrity Welcome (Main Stage) 11:15am
- Stars of the Saga Talk Show and Q&A Session (Premier Theater) - 3:30pm
- Jedi Training Academy - 8:45am, 9:20am, 10:05am, 10:35am, 12:00pm, 12:30pm, 1:00pm, 1:30pm, 2:00pm, 2:30pm, 3:00pm, 3:30pm, 4:00pm, 4:30pm, 5:00pm, 5:30pm, 6:30pm, 7:00pm, 7:30pm
- Behind the Force (Premier Theatre) - 12:00p, 1:45pm
- Obi-Wan and Beyond (Premier Theater) - 6:30pm
- Visit to the Maul starring Ray Park (Premier Theater) - 5:00 pm
- Padawan Mind Challenge at 2:10pm and 4:30pm
- Hyperspace Hoopla (Main Stage) - 8:00pm
- Star Wars Character Encounters- 8:00am - 7:30pm
Webmaster Bob was sent to Star Wars Weekends.
(You can't miss him. He's that handsome dude in the ECV.)
- Blog - A Shopping Oasis: Merchandise at Disney's Flower & Garden Festival
- Pollo Campero at Downtown Disney will be closing 3/19/14 - Pollo Campero, Bodie's All-American Grill and Babycakes NYC will be closing 3/19/14. Babycakes NYC will still be providing gluten-free items to select Walt Disney World food courts and restaurants.
- Blog - 2014 Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival opens in Epcot
- Registration for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon opens today - This race is held in conjunction with the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Blog - Haunted Mansion Merchandise Materializes in Disney Parks
- New dates for D23's Destination D - The event will be held November 22-23, 2014.
- 2015 Walt Disney World Marathon dates - Registration for the 2015 marathon begins 4/22/14.
- Blog - A Brit's Perspective - Changing of the Seasons at the Orlando theme parks
- Rebel Rendezvous merchandise event planned for Star Wars Weekends - Attendees will receive exclusive access to Darth's Mall a day before it opens to the public.
- Blog - A February Stroll through the Magic Kingdom
- Walt Disney World restaurants add Braille menus - Beginning March 1, select restaurants will be adding Braille menus, though a list of participating restaurants is not yet available. The Braille menus will have examples of the menu items but may not list all the short term or temporary items.
- Family Ticket offer - get one free day! - Get one FREE additional day on each ticket when you buy 6 or more 4-day or longer Magic Your Way tickets!
- Blog - Disney's Polynesian Resort is Changing in a Big Way
- Just announced! Festival of Fantasy parade will debut March 9! - This parade will run daily in the afternoons at the Magic Kingdom.
- Celebrate Earth Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom - The park is also celebrating the release of Disneynature's newest film Bears, which hits theaters April 18.
- Car Masters Weekend to be held at Downtown Disney - This event takes place June 14-15.
- Walt Disney World ticket prices increase - Ticket prices have gone up effective today, Sunday, February 23.
- Mighty St. Patrick's Day Festival planned for Downtown Disney - Downtown Disney celebrates St. Patrick's Day with live music, a step-by-step Irish jig workshop, classic Irish food and drink, Irish storytellers, Irish history and merchandise at Raglan Road's Shop.
- Star Wars Weekends - extra weekend added, plus Hyperspace Hoopla cancelled - A nightly fireworks show has been added instead of the Hyperspace Hoopla party.
- Blackfish director denies receiving confidential information
- Hank Wiliams Jr. and Alabama to perform at SeaWorld
- Universal Orlando parking garage closed for suspicious vehicle
- SeaWorld calls for investigation of OSHA inspector
- Preview of food items for Wizarding World of Harry Potter expansion
- Disney announces theme parks will stay open for 24-hour party
- Magic Kingdom Hub Expansion Announced
- Disney Cruise Line takes top honors from Cruise Critic members
- Scotty McCreery and Steve Miller Band to perform at SeaWorld Orlando
- Universal Orlando follows Disney's lead and raises ticket prices
Today's Theme Park Hours
Epcot Future World:
Epcot World Showcase:
|9:00 - 1:00
9:00 - 9:00
11:00 - 9:00
9:00 - 7:00
9:00 - 8:00
10:00 - 5:00
Extra Magic Hour Evening: Epcot FW